Sponsored by:

Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:49 AM
Seamus O'Toole
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Atlanta

How was Sunday's racing? I heard there was some carnage and some crazy driving...
Old 03-30-2009, 12:20 PM
KathyP
Track Day

Sunday was much better than Friday and Saturday. The track dried out nicely. Yep, more carnage Sunday, but not as much as the previous days. Wish I had not gone out on Saturday!
Old 03-30-2009, 12:43 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations on your new racing stripes!
Old 03-30-2009, 01:17 PM
KathyP
Track Day

Thanks man! I think I'll leave the front fender with the "stripes" for awhile. Have to find a BandAid sticker!!! Glad Jonathan had a tie rod at home to bring up to get me back out there Sunday. I still who was right behind me that got the front row view.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

I decided to cancel the whole weekend.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:31 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 744 Likes on 366 Posts
Default THANK YOU !!!

A big THANK YOU to the race staff for the Road Atlanta race for completely reorganizing Sunday to allow for a sprint AND enduro in the dry.

Most of you have no idea what it takes to run a race, let alone completely reorganize a schedule, run groups, etc a the last minute. They all did this for the racers, and those of us that stayed for Sunday are MUCH APPRECIATIVE of the efforts. It added a ton more work for everyone involved, but they all did it wonderfully.

The Peachstate Staff and National Staff deserve a HUGE THANK YOU from everyone that stayed!!

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 03-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Hulbertr
Intermediate

10-4 to THAT. Great job by the staff. The T&S problem REALLY caused an issue for Enduro A, but they didn't let it go. Everyone had to wait while it was corrected, but sorting out that mess was the right thing to do.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:57 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 744 Likes on 366 Posts

Hulbertr,
You are DAMN FAST in the rain...Jeez. I think you ran faster lap times in the wet than I do in my little GT5 car in the dry!!

oh, and you're pretty fast in the dry too....

Yeah, T&S got things sorted out (I think), but not with a lot of pain and suffering.... sometimes, things just don't seem to go as planned...
Old 03-30-2009, 02:25 PM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

HulbertR - watching you on Saturday in the rain was a blast man! Good job. (especially with a turbo!)
Old 03-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Hilbeet is fast, in the dry, in the wet, and in the asphalt exiting the kink at Barber...

Last edited by Jarez Mifkin; 03-31-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:53 PM
carreracoupe997
Racer

Thumbs up Thanks Bob for the kind words

Originally Posted by naroescape
A big THANK YOU to the race staff for the Road Atlanta race for completely reorganizing Sunday to allow for a sprint AND enduro in the dry.

Most of you have no idea what it takes to run a race, let alone completely reorganize a schedule, run groups, etc a the last minute. They all did this for the racers, and those of us that stayed for Sunday are MUCH APPRECIATIVE of the efforts. It added a ton more work for everyone involved, but they all did it wonderfully.

The Peachstate Staff and National Staff deserve a HUGE THANK YOU from everyone that stayed!!
Thank you on behalf of the Peachstate staff. I am sure National appreciates it as well. It was our pleasure and look forward to next year. Thank God I only yanked one guys tow hook out!

Steve Blalock
EV2
Old 03-30-2009, 03:45 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

The enduro was very frustrating. There was no green flag on the restart after the first yellow. Many front runners got passed. In fact, Hilbert passed me on that and I thought he was passing under yellow. (Sour Grapes) That being said, the Peachstate gang are some of the friendliest in PCA. Also, I thought that people were incredibly good at being heads up for faster cars.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:15 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll throw in my thanks and praise for both the Peachtree and PCA teams. And the stock class cars. I know how hard it is to have your own race with a bunch of turbos and cup cars in your mirrors. Everyone did a great job.

So what the hell happen on the first double yellow? My understanding of what should happen is that the lead car would take “control” of the field by slowing to a pace car like pace to allow the field to form up and to allow the pace car to safely enter the track. At some point the pace car would leave and a green would restart the race. All this, I assume, could be done without the pace car. Instead we flew around at 98% for a few laps and then the double yellows just disappeared and we were racing again. I lost a bunch of time by slowing to about 90% expecting to come over a hill and see the whole field creeping along like happened in the second double yellow.

None of that mattered for me in the long run. Apparently the yellow was still up in 10a when the starter waved the green at start/finish after the black all and I was hit with a passing under yellow penalty that cost me a lap. Despite the weather and the other craziness it was still a great time.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Pat,

You were flying out there, sorry I didn't have anything for you.

I yelled at my radio guy for not calling the green, maybe he didn't call it because there was none? Luckily nobody got by me due to that.

I still don't know how I finished, but I guess 2nd in GTC4 behind you, maybe top 5 overall? I got nauseous as I left my windows in (dumb) and my throttle cable was sticking so it was tough to slow down, happy I finished as well as I did. The new Hoosiers are good but I think I was slower than last year (got in the 26s in '08).

Hope to see you at the track again soon!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:35 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KathyP
Thanks man! I think I'll leave the front fender with the "stripes" for awhile. Have to find a BandAid sticker!!! Glad Jonathan had a tie rod at home to bring up to get me back out there Sunday. I still who was right behind me that got the front row view.
Happened upon this for you today

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Banda...Q5fAccessories

Quick Reply: Road Atlanta