Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey, Kibort and others...about our "duel"... wanna make lemonade outta lemons?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:11 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Yes I checked out the rules. My NA944 doesn't run spec, it will run in the NASA GTS series so it might be a little faster/quicker than a Spec 944. I'm not doing much to the motor, so it's not going to be anywhere near 968 power. But it should handle pretty good. As for me eeking out 3-4 seconds ... I guess we will have to see, how about when I come out there I follow you and you show me around the track. I've been coaching and wrenching more than driving but I can usually still do well enough so I don't embarrass myself too bad.
Phew.....I'm not sure whether to bump this thread or duck...
Not too sure I can keep you behind me for "a few laps" but I'll definitely give it a go. The car I'm currently driving is kinda weak....engine was assembled in a rush with too large a ring gap.......compared to my son's car (you rode with him at TWS on a hand-off check out ride from West....white/ lime green/black 944).
Looking forward to seeing you come over though.....I might use a little "coaching" myself.
If you can crack a 1.21 in an 8V NA 944, I'm buying dinner out and the beer..

Is Harold Petit still wheeling around his BMW down there ? What kind of laps is he doing ? Is he still in his E36 ?

Viking
Haven't seen Harold around much since the last BMWCCA DE I attended nearly a year ago. I think he was open lapping a Ferrari at the season Charity Event that I mentioned earlier but....it was wet....and I was racing and didn't have much time to "mingle"...

T
Old 07-27-2009, 10:13 PM
951and944S
Race Car

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Hey Viking.....your 944, when completed...what kind of lap time do you expect around TWS in the CCW direction....?

Sorry for the OT guys.

Let me know if there's anything I can do on my end if y'all reconsider NPR.

T
Old 07-27-2009, 10:19 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
....John, sorry to have displeased you. Just trying to do something nice for some terminally ill kids here. Nothing more.[/I][/SIZE]
I would know something about charities (want to challenge me on that?).

Do it for the charity and the kids - not yourself. If you do that for "them" - I don't think you can explain some of your posts in this thread...

I didn't make your posts, Dave.

You did.

Stop flaming people. And yes - that means Abby as well....

It's up to you to get this thread back on topic.

Not me.

John
Old 07-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by John D.

Do it for the charity and the kids - not yourself. If you do that for "them" - I don't think you can explain some of your posts in this thread...

I didn't make your posts, Dave.

You did.

Stop flaming people. And yes - that means Abby as well....

It's up to you to get this thread back on topic.

Not me.

John
John, I am not challenging you on anything. Not sure the reason for the hostility--I guess I, Mark, Weston, and a couple of others thought were were having fun with give and take. When I poke, I expect to get it back--in jest. And when I get poked, I do the same--again in jest.

Oh well. Again, this was all in fun. You're right--I made my posts. And Abby made his. I take responsibility for mine, and will not respond to him, plain and simple.

And the ONLY reason I started this whole thread in the first place was to do a good deed, which has proved a challenge. It does nothing for me to spend my $$$ to fly to Denver and run laps with Mark. Maybe you could offer advice on the charity angle?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 07-27-2009, 10:29 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John
I will - Would you like to handle cordinating the charity,track,additional race cars possibly needed,make sure publicity is handled sufficently ?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:34 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Phew.....I'm not sure whether to bump this thread or duck...
Not too sure I can keep you behind me for "a few laps" but I'll definitely give it a go. The car I'm currently driving is kinda weak....engine was assembled in a rush with too large a ring gap.......compared to my son's car (you rode with him at TWS on a hand-off check out ride from West....white/ lime green/black 944).
Looking forward to seeing you come over though.....I might use a little "coaching" myself.
If you can crack a 1.21 in an 8V NA 944, I'm buying dinner out and the beer..

Haven't seen Harold around much since the last BMWCCA DE I attended nearly a year ago. I think he was open lapping a Ferrari at the season Charity Event that I mentioned earlier but....it was wet....and I was racing and didn't have much time to "mingle"...

T
Last time I was at NPR some of the locals took us to some hole in the wall place near one of the big bridges but the fried shrimp was great ! Oh, and I don't drink beer I drink Tequila.

I remember your son and the car. It was too loud to coach in though so we had to settle for discussing after the check out run. I'll be at TWS this weekend for the NASA race, if you make it just ask the registration girls where I am, they will know.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

And when I get poked, I do the same--again in jest.

There is a mental image I didn't need !
Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 PM
John D.
Banned

John, I am not challenging you on anything. Not sure the reason for the hostility--I guess I, Mark, Weston, and a couple of others thought were were having fun....
Are you sure you want to carry this on in public??

I have not a hostile bone in my body. I would know - because I give more than I take.

As for the rest of your post I am replying to, read my reply above - it begins: Are you sure you want to carry this on in public??

PM me or not - I am indifferent as to whether we talk about it in public or private.

Your call,

Have a nice evening,

John
Old 07-27-2009, 10:39 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951and944S
Hey Viking.....your 944, when completed...what kind of lap time do you expect around TWS in the CCW direction....?

Sorry for the OT guys.

Let me know if there's anything I can do on my end if y'all reconsider NPR.

T
If it's not sub2 in my first hot lap I'm going home and finding a blower.

I'll let you know on the NPR consideration. For right now it seems that HPR makes the most sense. I know the NPR guys would be great, the hospitality there was first class !
Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

I have not a hostile bone in my body. I would know - because I give more than I take.

As for the rest of your post I am replying to, read my reply above - it begins: Are you sure you want to carry this on in public??

PM me or not - I am indifferent as to whether we talk about it in public or private.

Your call,

Have a nice evening,

John
Please respond to my post. I'm trying to make this productive and you seem to have expressed your help or knowledge with the charity. I would definitly like to know more. Post here or PM me, either works.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:43 PM
John D.
Banned

I will - ,,,
Sure.... I've built two orphanages. Built schools, picked up kids off the street - and finished another school in a remote village. We also care for over 300 kids. We have also announced that we are building another orphange for little girls who are being sold off into child slavery. Google out restaveks...

You want to me to: "..cordinating the charity,track,additional race cars The kids who - as Dave knows - has no idea what a track, race - or a "car" is... Much less a "Porsche"..

Try again.

John
Old 07-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Your call,

Have a nice evening,

John
Because I have no idea what you're talking about, PM sent.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Sure.... I've built two orphanages. Built schools, picked up kids off the street - and finished another school in a remote village. We also care for over 300 kids. We have also announced that we are building another orphange for little girls who are being sold off into child slavery. Google out restaveks...

You want to me to: "..cordinating the charity,track,additional race cars The kids who - as Dave knows - has no idea what a track, race - or a "car" is... Much less a "Porsche"..

Try again.

John
John, I have done MaW events here before that also involved race & sports cars (but not tracks). Au contraire--they know a whole lot about cars, sometimes more than I do (which is not saying much). If you have a better suggestion for a charity premise for this, please, we are all ears. There is more than one way to do this, undoubtedly. But I don't understand why you'd dismiss it out of hand, especially considering all you have done in your personal life.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:56 PM
John D.
Banned

It's not only what you do, Dave....

It's how you do it.

If I look at this thread - if I were you - I would brag about your intent.

As to "how"?

Not so much.

Read your PMs.

John
Old 07-27-2009, 11:16 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,965 Likes on 1,752 Posts

^^^ Welcome to the vortex ^^^^^

Quick Reply: Hey, Kibort and others...about our "duel"... wanna make lemonade outta lemons?