Kirkey seat restraint kits?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:07 AM
John Veninger
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Kirkey seat restraint kits?

I'm currently running a Kirkey Deluxe road race seat w/ a seat back brace and a right side Simpson net. I was also using an Isaac head and neck.

Currently moving to a HANS due to PCA's change in rules about H&N requirements. So I'm also considering adding the containment pieces Kirkey is offering. They currently show two different setups. Anyone use either one? Any feed back? Thanks in advance.

Here is what is posted on their site:
http://www.kirkeyracing.com/index.ph...ode=Restraints

987 Kit - Head & Shoulder Restraint Kit
Our Head & Shoulder Restraint Kit allows you to reto fit your existing KIRKEY seat to take advantge of the added safety that a head and shoulder restraint system offers. These kits must be used complete in order to be effective; the head restaring cannot be used separately. The kits are made from .100" 5052 grade aluminum and padded with energy absorbing impact foam. All mounting hardware is included with the kit.

988 Kit - Tube Head & Shoulder Restraint Kit
Our Tube Head & Shoulder Restraint kit allows you to reto fit your existing KIRKEY seat to take advantge of the added safety that a head and shoulder restraint system offers. These kits must be used complete in order to be effective; the head restaring cannot be used separately. The kits are made from .100" 5052 grade aluminum and padded with energy absorbing impact foam. All mounting hardware is included with the kit..
Old 03-20-2009, 12:58 PM
A930Rocket
Nordschleife Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Butlerbuilt seat that is similar the Kirkey. I used a system that is similar to the 987 model with an Issac system, but when I bought mine years ago, that was about all that available. No complaints on visiblity or movement. I think either one will work.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:30 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an older version on my Kirkey - looks flimsier than these. NASA allowed it at the time, but I was never too sure of it.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:19 PM
John Veninger
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Kirkey responded to my question and stated the Tube Head & Shoulder Restraint Kit was a bit stronger and most prefer it for better visibility

Quick Reply: Kirkey seat restraint kits?