Looking for rain tire help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 01:54 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Bryan Watts
I can understand that justification if you're tracking a $2500 E30 on Toyo's in the dry. Much less so if you have a Cup car in your avatar. If you've got a real race car as your track car, you should have real race tires as your rain tires.
Bryan,
Thanks for the advise and just to clarify my car is a 996 ex Koni car so unlike owning a Cup Im still on a tight buget!!!

Eric, Im running R6s. Actually Im using the Koni series R6s most of the time. I figure the car was set up for them by people that know a whole lot more about this than I do so I'll stick with them. Ive run regular R6s and I can tell the differance.

Agian,
Thanks to everyone for the advise!!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Try a set of Dunlop rain slicks. They are really good.

Sasco should have them.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Tim, great to meet you this weekend. Wish we could have run more laps..... I will be at NASA next weekend and then the first settlers in May if you make it back up. Ive never seen that much rain in one weekend before!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:46 PM
magnetic1
Racer

Originally Posted by TIM COSTA

Eric, Im running R6s. Actually Im using the Koni series R6s most of the time. I figure the car was set up for them by people that know a whole lot more about this than I do so I'll stick with them. Ive run regular R6s and I can tell the differance.

Agian,
Thanks to everyone for the advise!!!!
That is what I assumed. Therefore, having Toyo/Nittos as rains serving double duty as drys really dont work anyways.

Here is my suggestion. Go race NASA next weekend at VIR. Win GTS4, and get 4 free Hoosier Wets using the Hoosier contingency If you havent already, you should goto Hoosier's website and fill out all the required forms.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I would go with 225/45 and 245/40's Tim. I typically use the same size R6's as you. The 225/45 Hoosiers wets ($70/per when they were discounted two years ago) I bought are shockingly wide. Has to be the widest "225" ever made.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:56 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Originally Posted by Trj
Tim, great to meet you this weekend. Wish we could have run more laps..... I will be at NASA next weekend and then the first settlers in May if you make it back up. Ive never seen that much rain in one weekend before!!!
TJ,
Great meeting you as well. It really would have been nice to get to run around with you some more. Are you planning on doing the NASA race next weekend?

Originally Posted by magnetic1
That is what I assumed. Therefore, having Toyo/Nittos as rains serving double duty as drys really dont work anyways.

Here is my suggestion. Go race NASA next weekend at VIR. Win GTS4, and get 4 free Hoosier Wets using the Hoosier contingency If you havent already, you should goto Hoosier's website and fill out all the required forms.
Eric,
Done deal, with the forms, just got the car dyno'd this afternoon and Im actually thinking about an attack on GTS3 !!!! Im debating whether I want to run 200#s of ballast or get my *** kicked in GTS4. Will you be there next weekend?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 PM
magnetic1
Racer

TJ,
Great meeting you as well. It really would have been nice to get to run around with you some more. Are you planning on doing the NASA race next weekend?

Eric,
Done deal, with the forms, just got the car dyno'd this afternoon and Im actually thinking about an attack on GTS3 !!!! Im debating whether I want to run 200#s of ballast or get my *** kicked in GTS4. Will you be there next weekend?
You betcha! With 11 in GTS3, there is no way Im missing this.

Doesnt 996 Koni car make well over 300rwhp? I know when Chip Stabler used to run his E46 M3, he had to add like 300#s :P

GTS4 doesnt look too bad actually. Max is still shaking down a new car and you would just need to battle Bill Timmerman. Is Derek going to go?

Last edited by magnetic1; 03-19-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Trj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

TJ,

Eric,
I will be doing the DE and maybe the time trial if they will let me. I am not qualified to race yet but that is why I am going, to check it out.

Quick Reply: Looking for rain tire help