Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rennlister's most recomended FIRE SUIT? whats you preference?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 09:39 PM
95m3racer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is your budget?

If you want to spend the money you can't go wrong with any of the top of the line suits from Sparco, OMP, Sabelt, Alpine Stars, Momo, Stand21 etc.

If you are looking to spend $600-800 you can get some good deals right now on leftover 08 Alpine/Momo's or look to brands like TeamDI for a high end suit for a mid range price.

Most important thing is to TRY IT ON! All suits fit differently and are sized differently....even suits from the same brand can fit differently. Momo 56 toplight is not necessarily the same as a momo rookie 56.

There are some very good suit articles going around now in Grassroots and Sportscar, I would highly advise reading them.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,557 Likes on 820 Posts

Sparco X-Light, yo.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-15-2009, 11:57 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stand 21

Old 03-16-2009, 12:10 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Sparco X-Light, but I borrowed a demo Stand 21 at Laguna Seca last August. Night and day difference. The Stand 21 was much lighter, breathed much better, and was much more comfortable. No contest really, but the Stand 21 is more expensive. I think you get what you are willing to pay for.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Who cares what brand. As long as it keeps my *** from being cooked. The three factors for me:

1. Comfort
2. Fire Rating
3. Price
Old 03-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

OMP, Sparco, Stand, .... if price is an object GForce 545. I have one and IMHO its more comformtable and has taken a beathing better than my OMP and Sparco. Perhaps not as lightweight though.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:23 PM
dmwhite
Instructor

Originally Posted by Accelerator
Alpinestars GP Tech. Lightweight and breathable.
+1

i also have an older sparco x-light...i was happy with that suit but when it was time for a new one, i went with an astars gp-tech...i very happy with it...
Old 03-16-2009, 05:21 PM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Here's one way of getting all you are asking for at a reasonable price:

Used Slightly:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stand...#ht_500wt_1022

New:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STAND...ht_2422wt_1007
Old 03-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 97 Posts

I have a Stand21 ST3000 (the Porsche Motorsport Design Le Mans swirl suit) and an ST021. Love 'em both! Owner Yves Morizot, his son and his staff are some of the nicest people you can ever meet. He gave me a complete tour of the Stand21 factory in Dijon. And you should see all the suits he has hanging in his office - Senna, Prost, Schumacher..... you name the driver and Yves probably has one in his office. Really cool place to see.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:02 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

I went to the Stand 21 factory about ten years ago in a town in southeartern France.( Dijon?- i don't remember the name now- i was driving down the autobahn in Germany and saw it was on the map in France sort of close ) Got a fabulous tour of their entire factory.The owner came down to show me pictures of him with alot of famous drivers- senna/fiitpaldi etc.I was just one person who showed up one day unannounced - The manager and the owner pointed out me how they made their helmits and how all the suits were made.The hundreds of patterns laying about and seemtress working on all sorts of wild 'kit" as the british would say... i loved it- they spent way too much time with me and my girl friend- actually more talking with the girlfriend ....maybe had I come alone they would n't have paid me 3 seconds of attention?!?
.I bought two of their best suits that were ready made that fit me.They had about 30 suits there that were slighlty used maybe once from F1 test drivers and touring car drivers of the time-So one of the suits was worn by Gabrille Tarquini who raced several times inF1 and I was told by the owner that it had been used once in a private f1 test with no sponsors - just all blue- fit me perfectly - i still have it today .Fit and finish is like a finely tailered Armani or Boss suit. They had all sorts of gloves/shoies / stuff - it was a racers paradise .I'll be loyal to them forever.
So I would recomend stand 21 -
A gun

Quick Reply: rennlister's most recomended FIRE SUIT? whats you preference?