Sponsored by:

RRR May 1-3 and you are invited

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:06 AM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RRR May 1-3 and you are invited

Hi. Thought I'd post this to let you know that, yes, the Dark Side is back at Roebling. The track is hosting a Lapping Day on Friday, May 1. We run 2 groups (passing in the straights [Green] and passing anywhere with a point [Orange]) pre-registration is $150. Pay at track: $175. 30 minute sessions - alternating - with one hour off for lunch. Sign up at www.clubregistration.net -- but please snail mail check.

Our DE is Sat & Sun, May 2-3, and is PCA-style (cause we ran them for so many years for PCA regions) with 5 run groups from novice to instructor. We start with Lapping Day and then tech at the track. Tech and hospitality at the host hotel that night. Saturday, more tech and the DE. Family parade at noon - for our guests -- The Boys & Girls Club of Hilton Head. We ask our participants to line up their cars at pit row for the kids to hop in for a few laps around the track. That night we do (for $10 per person) a BBQ with live music from the sweet sounds of Annie Allman. Then Sunday, we are back for just the DE.

Our instructors love their run group - we do passing anywhere with a point. It truly makes their track days... All the other run groups have 3 passing zones in the straight-a-ways. (Green is "graduated" up to it on Sunday - once they get familiar with the basics after a few sessions.)

We hope you'll consider joining us. Dark Siders $225 and all others $250. We are trying registration on www.clubregistration.net (look for Dark Side Driving Events) but we request you mail the check in. (We turn over the profits to the charities...and 2.9% of what is taken in plus 30 cents per transacton -- could really be put to good use by the boys and girls.)

Thank you for your consideration -- and hopefully, see you at the track.

Last edited by DarkSideDE; 02-22-2009 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Added May 2-3 because it's 2 different events/same weekend
Old 02-21-2009, 11:28 PM
007DT
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

Great meeting you today @ RRR.

Sounds like my kind of DE (open passing) if the dates work I'll be in.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:45 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

I am confused...is it $150 or $250 for the DE? Being that it is on a Friday I just might make this a business trip and drive up. Annie Allman was a customer of mine when she had her music store. I was her DW drums and Paiste cymbals rep. I miss dealing with Annie.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:02 AM
DarkSideDE
Pro

mdrums -

Please don't be confused. There are two different events here. One is a Friday Lapping Day at $150 (if you pre-register) the other is a Driver Ed for the Saturday and Sunday at $250 for a non-member.

Annie is great - I just saw her the other night at Pepper's Porch.

I didn't realize that was your Shih-tzu. I was really saddened to hear of your lose. I have a Shih-tzu also, the lovely miss Lauren. She will be 7 in September. I lost her best friend, Bogie (a Bichon), to a UPS truck three days before his 5th birthday. The photo in the "racing dogs" thread is of Ollie, another Bichon Frishe. He'll be two next month, and my little heart mender. Boy your guy was a sweetheart. You were so lucky to have him for 17-1/2 years -- you must have done something so right with his diet and exercise. Meanwhile, you are right about one thing, the Shih-tzu is a highly intelligent animal. Mine can communicate and let me know when she needs a doctor. It's unreal! Be well and hope to meet you -- ah, ready for my line here -- at the track!
Old 02-22-2009, 12:04 AM
DarkSideDE
Pro

Originally Posted by 007DT
Great meeting you today @ RRR.

Sounds like my kind of DE (open passing) if the dates work I'll be in.
I'll probably be back tomorrow at quiet time - so I'll probably see you again. It really was nice seeing a face to a name around here. Makes you realize how we are all humans - and some of us are not what was expected - LOL (Yes, I'm a girl )

See you at the track (now that I know you know my backyard...)
Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 AM
DarkSideDE
Pro

UPDATE
We are 30 days away.
We have approximately 25 seat left for our Driver Ed - May 2-3 ($250 for both Sat. & Sun/225 for members)

Friday Lapping Day - still plenty of room. ($150 per driver)

Hope to see you at the track. Probably this weekend for Florida Crown.

Quick Reply: RRR May 1-3 and you are invited