This photo has me concerned

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 12:28 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Anyone seen Larry Herman? He's very familiar with this, but I havent' seen a post from him since his Eagles lost....
I'm still around, thanks. I'll have to look back at the specs, but off-hand I'd say that the ride height in the front is set too low. A lot of guys seem to like rake in their Porsches (maybe because it looks cool), but if you take a good look at many of the Porsche factory racecars, most are set up level. It has a lot to do with the front roll center, and the fact that with softer springs you can actually get more roll if you lower the car. It will also give you more brake dive.

Setting it back up to 120 mm or so should help a good bit, but the front springs are quite soft (around 250 lbs/in) and the car does generate some dive under heavy braking. If you cannot change the springs, at least running an adjustable shock with some more compression dialed in can help too, provided that it doesn't affect other areas of the car's handling.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:00 PM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are trailbraking, then only that side of the car is that close to the ground (i.e similar to the left side of my car in my avatar). You may want to get a picture of hard braking while going straight to give you a better indicator.

Quick Reply: This photo has me concerned