Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TWS Lap Times, Stock NA 2WD, street tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,564 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
Jay's is a 996 C2, NO X51, NO GT3.
thx
Old 01-30-2009, 02:32 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts
Wink

VR

Don't know about your new avatar. Looks more like something the Dude would put up.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I'm using it today only, in hopes he will return here.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:53 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

WTF happened to The Dude anyway?
Old 01-31-2009, 12:32 AM
pmgoodwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yeah, I'm using it today only, in hopes he will return here.
Interesting Avatar VR, Where in the world did you get it?
Old 01-31-2009, 08:47 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Turduckistan.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:14 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SG_M3
I'm on 45 headed to MSR-H.

It's hard to drop 3 sec in one season. I'm saying a 1:50 is hard to do in a gts3 car. I know my car can't do a 1:50, but I cross-over for NASA. My car is built for bmw cr.
When we first had the car at TWS last year it was literaly the 2nd time the car had been on the track, we have been developing and tweaking the car ever since.
Still curious though, whats considered a insane fast time for MSR - Houston ?
Old 01-31-2009, 11:46 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

When we first had the car at TWS last year it was literaly the 2nd time the car had been on the track, we have been developing and tweaking the car ever since.
Still curious though, whats considered a insane fast time for MSR - Houston ?
Insane fast was what Jay did today. In the 1:40's you had 3-4 seconds on the rest of the class. That's even faster than any GTS-4 has run there, at least during a NASA event.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:35 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jakermc
Insane fast was what Jay did today. In the 1:40's you had 3-4 seconds on the rest of the class. That's even faster than any GTS-4 has run there, at least during a NASA event.
Thanks, I believe we ended up with a fastest time (for us at MSRH) of the weekend of 1:40.5xx
I was really trying to get the car to break into the 1:39's but with 4 class wins, and 1 overall win, and the other cars in our GTS3 group being seconds behind us I am happy with the results. Oh, and the car was dyno'd at the track on Friday before the race weekend, with many witnesses, and scaled after every session just to make sure we were within our GTS3 limits.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:41 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Congrats, Viking! You coming to TWS this weekend?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Congrats, Viking! You coming to TWS this weekend?
Yep, I will be there. Not bringing the 996 though. Just bringing Jerry's Miata to play with.
We will be at MSRC for the NASA event next with the 996, until then it's in the shop seeing if we can find a few more tenths in it somewhere. I personally think it will be a couple seconds faster still vs where it currently is. Although both car and driver are performing very well I believe that both have more left in them.
We have been looking at some different brake upgrades as that seems to be the next needed upgrade. We are finally finding the limits of those great stock Porsche brakes.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:06 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 252 Posts

Thanks, I believe we ended up with a fastest time (for us at MSRH) of the weekend of 1:40.5xx
I was really trying to get the car to break into the 1:39's but with 4 class wins, and 1 overall win, and the other cars in our GTS3 group being seconds behind us I am happy with the results. Oh, and the car was dyno'd at the track on Friday before the race weekend, with many witnesses, and scaled after every session just to make sure we were within our GTS3 limits.
Yep, I was there for the dyno pull myself. Car is legal, no question about that. Beautifully built and stupid fast. If my trailer catches on fire, you are my second call after the insurance company.

MSR-C is my home track so I hope I can at least give a little bit of a challenge there in the next round. I've gotten down to 1:21.3 on practice tires and should break into the high 1:20s with new rubber and good conditions. GTS-3 record is somewhere around the low 1:22.XX if I remember right so I have no doubt that will be soundly broken, maybe by a few of us. Everyone is much faster this year!

Speaking of brakes, I think my master cylinder failed on me this weekend. It goes to the shop Wednesday for the diagnosis. I was battling a soft and inconsistent pedal from Friday practice on, even after several bleeds. Almost pulled myself out of the second race on Sat. with a DNF when I had no brakes on the first half of the formation lap, then suddenly found a little pedal and gutted it out.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:46 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jakermc
Yep, I was there for the dyno pull myself. Car is legal, no question about that. Beautifully built and stupid fast. If my trailer catches on fire, you are my second call after the insurance company.

MSR-C is my home track so I hope I can at least give a little bit of a challenge there in the next round. I've gotten down to 1:21.3 on practice tires and should break into the high 1:20s with new rubber and good conditions. GTS-3 record is somewhere around the low 1:22.XX if I remember right so I have no doubt that will be soundly broken, maybe by a few of us. Everyone is much faster this year!

Speaking of brakes, I think my master cylinder failed on me this weekend. It goes to the shop Wednesday for the diagnosis. I was battling a soft and inconsistent pedal from Friday practice on, even after several bleeds. Almost pulled myself out of the second race on Sat. with a DNF when I had no brakes on the first half of the formation lap, then suddenly found a little pedal and gutted it out.
Remind me to throw some wood under your trailer

Yes, no doubt on the MSRC track record falling.

On your brakes, check your wheel bearings first, then check your brake calipers and lines. Common for a 911 that needs wheel bearings to have a soft pedal. - The play in the wheel bearing floats the caliper pistons out creating a gap that you must pump back up. It's a very unsettling feeling. Master cylinders go bad also, so that is possible. Report back and let me know what you find.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Update to an old thread.
Ok, we did more than 3 seconds now. Ran a 1:49.263 today in 99 degree heat, TWS going CW.

Originally Posted by SG_M3
It's hard to drop 3 sec in one season. I'm saying a 1:50 is hard to do in a gts3 car. I know my car can't do a 1:50, but I cross-over for NASA. My car is built for bmw cr.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:33 AM
SG_M3
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

was that with the 100 lbs pulled out?

Quick Reply: TWS Lap Times, Stock NA 2WD, street tires?