Sponsored by:

2009 Rennlist F1 Championship Fantasy League

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
George S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
so can someone put my name back on there? otherwise I'll just change it completely if that is possible
I think you are stuck with the team name CJ. I looked over the instructions pretty carefully and it says that Thier mods can change things they deem inappropriate.

Anyway...it may be the case that the private leagues are capped at 20 entries. I hope I am wrong.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well last time I checked the league is not property of RL or whatever conglomerate
Originally Posted by ltc
The RL F1 Fantasy League is hosted outside of RL:
http://www.purefantasyf1.net/MyPFF1.asp?MYD=92&LA=En
Therefore, I find it hard to believe that any of the RL moderators could have edited a team name, or anything else on that website/server.
You're right. Apparently "big brothers" are everywhere.

so can someone put my name back on there? otherwise I'll just change it completely if that is possible
I'd assume you can change it back to what it was? EDIT: I just read what was posted above... You need to come up with other name than "Jihad", how about "G Force Dahij" for example? Or "G Force Hijad"..?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:52 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,905 Likes on 1,725 Posts

Originally Posted by George S
I've registered and created a team but when I go to join the RL league it isn't listed on the drop down league menus??? Anyone know something about that?
Like Honda F1 I have a team that's built and ready to sell to you. Let me know if you have any interest. I've already contacted Carlos Slim of Telmex, but he's not interested right now.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:01 PM
George S
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pete
Like Honda F1 I have a team that's built and ready to sell to you. Let me know if you have any interest. I've already contacted Carlos Slim of Telmex, but he's not interested right now.
That's funny. Seriously I think 20 teams is all you can get in. I'm looking to set up a league with some RL and NER/PCA friends at the moment anyway.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:23 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Is there any room left for me to join?
Old 01-31-2009, 02:28 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've registered and created a team but when I go to join the RL league it isn't listed on the drop down league menus??? Anyone know something about that?
Originally Posted by Jarez Mifkin
Me too!!!
Originally Posted by mdrums
Is there any room left for me to join?
Are you guys sure you're searching for the correct team name? I can't find anything in the site rules that limits a private group to 20 teams.

FYI our group name is "2009 Rennlist F1 Championship".

Let us know if it works.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:14 AM
George S
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ray S
Are you guys sure you're searching for the correct team name? I can't find anything in the site rules that limits a private group to 20 teams.

FYI our group name is "2009 Rennlist F1 Championship".

Let us know if it works.
I went back and checked. In the league instruction box it states that all private leagues will be converted to a "race series" when 20 teams are in place, it further states that after the league becomes a race series no one can join or leave. So it looks to be full and locked as the RL league has 20 teams. Should another league be started?
Old 01-31-2009, 08:07 AM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

i will look into this an email the site to see if i can unlock it, i can also try and switch it from a private league to see if it works.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:10 AM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Every Public and Private Leagues will be converted into race series automatically. To create a Private League a password is necessary. The Individual Private League type is adjustable by the league owner and the number of members is not restricted. This league type won't be converted into a race series. That's why big leagues are possible.

i dont understand why its shutting people out, i have it under a private league, are you using the password to join?
Old 01-31-2009, 08:35 AM
George S
Instructor

Originally Posted by ajcjr
Every Public and Private Leagues will be converted into race series automatically. To create a Private League a password is necessary. The Individual Private League type is adjustable by the league owner and the number of members is not restricted. This league type won't be converted into a race series. That's why big leagues are possible.

i dont understand why its shutting people out, i have it under a private league, are you using the password to join?
Your right, a private league according to the site should not be locking us out after 20 teams are in. However that is what's happening.

After creating a team I clicked on "join a league" and then clicked Individual Private League, which then has a drop down menu...the RL league is not listed there because its now a race series. The password would only come into play after you highlight the RL league. We can't even get that far. Very strange indeed.

Sir A. Wayne has waited too long and now won't be able to dazzle us with his awesome F1 handicaping skills.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:46 AM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

Your right, a private league according to the site should not be locking us out after 20 teams are in. However that is what's happening.

After creating a team I clicked on "join a league" and then clicked Individual Private League, which then has a drop down menu...the RL league is not listed there because its now a race series. The password would only come into play after you highlight the RL league. We can't even get that far. Very strange indeed.

Sir A. Wayne has waited too long and now won't be able to dazzle us with his awesome F1 handicaping skills.
If everyone can hold off for a day or so, i emailed the admin and asked him why it is locked, so hopefully we will have an answer soon

thanks and sorry for the inconvenience

i was also thinking may be we should go with one team per person if need be, buts lets see what happens
Old 01-31-2009, 01:29 PM
ajcjr
Rennlist Member

ok you can sign up, its open to unlimited people

sorry for the inconvenience

thanks
Old 02-01-2009, 07:27 AM
George S
Instructor

Originally Posted by ajcjr