Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona 24 Updates

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 05:43 PM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

absolutely great reace. To be so close at the end after 24 hours was amazing. You can only imagine the dont screw this up thoughts that must have been going through his head on the last lap
Old 01-25-2009, 06:04 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
I missed jp's comments as well, sounds like a sore loser. He pulled the same crap when he first came over to nascar.
Yeah, like it could never be his fault! What a douchebag!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:01 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 24hr Rolex

Congrats to David and the entire Brumos team. He has been working with a friend of mine developing a 4ltr Cayman during the off-season. It has been an education watching him drive and develop the suspension changes at the local track (Thunderbolt). It was funny during one of our instructor meetings that David commented on the racing surface from the crowd. While our club members knew who he was, I think a lot of the other attendees had know idea as he just blends in on purpose.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:16 PM
shustermeister
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

JPM and Memo both complained about the Porsche having a power advantage. Cry me a river, JPM and Memo - Porsche 3.6L 6 cyl vs. 4.5L V8 in the Lexus... Could it be the Lexus team had advantages when they won the past three years in a row, and Porsche finally figured it out?
Way to finish it out, David Donahue and Brumos!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:37 PM
NJcroc
Racer

what a great 24, gratz to all the porsche drivers

I hate JPM, always have always will
Old 01-25-2009, 07:51 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by shustermeister
JPM and Memo both complained about the Porsche having a power advantage. Cry me a river, JPM and Memo - Porsche 3.6L 6 cyl vs. 4.5L V8 in the Lexus... Could it be the Lexus team had advantages when they won the past three years in a row, and Porsche finally figured it out?
Way to finish it out, David Donahue and Brumos!
I agree that the complaining was out of place. But you need to know that the dp porsches (except spirit of daytona) were running 4.0 liter motors... The same spec engines as in the 2009 rsr.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:10 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by bobt993
Congrats to David and the entire Brumos team. He has been working with a friend of mine developing a 4ltr Cayman during the off-season. It has been an education watching him drive and develop the suspension changes at the local track (Thunderbolt). It was funny during one of our instructor meetings that David commented on the racing surface from the crowd. While our club members knew who he was, I think a lot of the other attendees had know idea as he just blends in on purpose.
It's been my experience that "most" race drivers are like David. Even Hurley is like that, here in town.
Then there is Montoya and the F1 crowd...CRIPES! those guys and many neckcar guys need to work for a living!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:11 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by FredC
I agree that the complaining was out of place. But you need to know that the dp porsches (except spirit of daytona) were running 4.0 liter motors... The same spec engines as in the 2009 rsr.
I was going to say that. We need more public info on this powerplant. It seems bulletproof.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:21 PM
ew928
Owns the Streets
Needs Camber
Lifetime Rennlist

Stop picking on Montoya.
His Corolla would have won if it was as light and powerful as the Porsche Rileys.

Glad I caught the interview with JPM and got to hear him whine.

Quick Reply: Daytona 24 Updates