Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSR Cresson Member Days - 01-Jan thru 04-Jan. Anyone interested?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:25 AM
Blondurant
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
I'll try to stay out of your way in my measly 175HP 911. Are we talking Saturday here?
Thursday definitely and Friday possibly.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:15 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Russell,

Don't forget that on member days you have to wear a driving suit. They will rent suits to you in the MSR office if you don't have one.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:02 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blondurant
Oh reeeaaallly... so what else do you predict?

What was that you called me? Oh yeah, Sandbagger! It's ok, I'll be gentle.
Seriously. The last time I was out in the the P-car was waaay back in October, when Steve Hill was pushing me on a higher entry speed into Big Bend and I ended up going off at exit. A month later, my Avalanche got rear ended by a 4 Runner at about 40 mph; it's still in the body shop. Then a few weeks ago I met a tire wall in a Skip Barber Formula 2K coming out of T4 at Laguna (high speed exit). Now I'm not superstitious, but I think it's time to back off to 8/10ths or less until I can settle on a HANS configuration that works in my cab.

I predict that you will be there on Thursday. Perhaps on Friday as well.

Originally Posted by Blondurant
Thursday definitely and Friday possibly.
Heh! Look at that!

Russell,

Don't forget that on member days you have to wear a driving suit. They will rent suits to you in the MSR office if you don't have one.
Yep. I went as a guest on a member day last winter, and have already verified that they have sizes to fit the other adrenaline junkie in the house...
notice how serious she looks about it, while I look like... "yes ma'am... fill her up?"
Attached Images  
Old 12-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ervtx
notice how serious she looks about it, while I look like... "yes ma'am... fill her up?"
Hey, a new career! At least it's car related.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:29 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey, a new career! At least it's car related.
Somehow, I've never been fond of jobs that require a name tag.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Then a few weeks ago I met a tire wall in a Skip Barber Formula 2K coming out of T4 at Laguna (high speed exit). Now I'm not superstitious, but I think it's time to back off to 8/10ths or less until I can settle on a HANS configuration that works in my cab.
Unless you have GT3 seats in your cab, or some other kind of race seat, PLUS some sort of rollbar (or something like the Brey-Krause R-1029 harness bar for a 996/997 cab) you won't be able to run any harness setup that will facilitate use of a HANS device. The HANS is well worth the investment, but you will have officially entered the slippery slope zone.

Toby
Old 12-31-2008, 12:42 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Unless you have GT3 seats in your cab, or some other kind of race seat, PLUS some sort of rollbar (or something like the Brey-Krause R-1029 harness bar for a 996/997 cab) you won't be able to run any harness setup that will facilitate use of a HANS device. The HANS is well worth the investment, but you will have officially entered the slippery slope zone.

Toby
Yeah, I know. I've thought long and hard on the idea of GT3 seats, but cosmetically it would be over the edge for a cab. I've seen a C4 cab just like mine at RUF - had a roll bar and GT3 seats. It was Frankenstein fugly.

So my comment was truthfully a subliminal reference to the need for a new car. The problem is that I've only narrowed down my options to something between a 914 and a cup car.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:17 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just got the call from the body shop. The Avalanche is ready to be picked up!

And just finished MSR membership paperwork and confirmed receipt. Good to go for this weekend! Whoohoo!

Last edited by ervtx; 12-31-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats on both counts. Ending the year on a good note. As for cars, there are a couple of good cars listed in this month's Slipstream. or you could go grab a SpecBoxster and run it. Sooner or later, you'll be thinking about a Club Racing license. Better to get that dedicated track car now!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:48 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats on both counts. Ending the year on a good note. As for cars, there are a couple of good cars listed in this month's Slipstream. or you could go grab a SpecBoxster and run it. Sooner or later, you'll be thinking about a Club Racing license. Better to get that dedicated track car now!
That's why I finally got the MSR membership you doo-doo-head. (I can say that, right?) Not till next year, but the window on the next car is indeed open.

Definitely plan to be there on Friday and Saturday. Might go out in street shoes on Friday just to shake the cobwebs out and come back Saturday with the pbox and sport cups.

MAN it feels good to be driving my truck again!! Total repair cost was over $6800. Hope that (expletive suppressed) pays thru the nose on her next insurance renewal.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Blondurant
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously. The last time I was out in the the P-car was waaay back in October, when Steve Hill was pushing me on a higher entry speed into Big Bend and I ended up going off at exit. A month later, my Avalanche got rear ended by a 4 Runner at about 40 mph; it's still in the body shop. Then a few weeks ago I met a tire wall in a Skip Barber Formula 2K coming out of T4 at Laguna (high speed exit). Now I'm not superstitious, but I think it's time to back off to 8/10ths or less until I can settle on a HANS configuration that works in my cab.

I predict that you will be there on Thursday. Perhaps on Friday as well.

Heh! Look at that!

Yep. I went as a guest on a member day last winter, and have already verified that they have sizes to fit the other adrenaline junkie in the house...
Wow, didn't know about your misfortunes. Glad you weren't hurt. Next thing I'm buying is a Hans. GREAT pic!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:04 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 615 Likes on 276 Posts

That's why I finally got the MSR membership you doo-doo-head. (I can say that, right?) Not till next year, but the window on the next car is indeed open.

Definitely plan to be there on Friday and Saturday. Might go out in street shoes on Friday just to shake the cobwebs out and come back Saturday with the pbox and sport cups.

MAN it feels good to be driving my truck again!! Total repair cost was over $6800. Hope that (expletive suppressed) pays thru the nose on her next insurance renewal.
I'll be out Friday and Saturday also. If you want to check out the SPBOX you are welcome to come to the Villa and take a look. You may remember that I had it parked next to you at ECR earlier this year, just days after it arrived from California and before the build was complete. I wouldn't call it 100% complete yet, but it looks pretty different there days and even logged some race time at Road America (see attached pic).

I'll be in the white 911 tomorrow, #90.
Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts

Cya sat if I get back from breck in time, otherwise Sunday.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

We'll try to stay out of your way if you're driving the Cup! Happy New Year Glen, and best wishes to the entire clan!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:25 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jakermc
I'll be out Friday and Saturday also. If you want to check out the SPBOX you are welcome to come to the Villa and take a look. You may remember that I had it parked next to you at ECR earlier this year, just days after it arrived from California and before the build was complete. I wouldn't call it 100% complete yet, but it looks pretty different there days and even logged some race time at Road America (see attached pic).

I'll be in the white 911 tomorrow, #90.
Well, I didn't connect you to your rennlist name until just now, but yes, I remember that you had barely had any time behind the wheel prior to that weekend. If I recall, it wasn't ready for the club race, and you were just shaking it out in the DE. Thanks for the offer; I'll do that.

Looks like the weather will be great tomorrow! See you guys there...

Quick Reply: MSR Cresson Member Days - 01-Jan thru 04-Jan. Anyone interested?