Sponsored by:

ROLL CALL FOR SEBRING

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 04:09 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Turn 17, too many possibilities of lines try out and bumps to drive around.....
Going in at 145 kinda double apex under the bridge at 60, wich should be at least 70.

I am not sure what the best line is, but only have been there twice with this car and they were the first 2 weekends I owned this car, my first rear engine car. I still go to fast in and too slow out for this car. I think I can find a few seconds next time out on less used R888's.
Yeah Turn 17 is something else. I see a lot of guys trying to take 17 befor the bridge to far on the inside and that is where a few dips/bumps are that will bounce you over a lane. If you just kep the car 1 car width off the yellow line before the bridge it is a lot smoother.

Christian, I got to speak to Patrick Long about Sebring and he said that Turn 1 was his favortie too and that there is more speed in Turn 1 than most people think. Like you said a lot of guys brake too early and too hard into Turn 1. Funny thing is a also see some guys that that never even track out into 2 from turn 1. I see that a lot for some odd reason.
Old 12-27-2008, 04:20 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Yeah Turn 17 is something else. I see a lot of guys trying to take 17 befor the bridge to far on the inside and that is where a few dips/bumps are that will bounce you over a lane. If you just kep the car 1 car width off the yellow line before the bridge it is a lot smoother.

Christian, I got to speak to Patrick Long about Sebring and he said that Turn 1 was his favortie too and that there is more speed in Turn 1 than most people think. Like you said a lot of guys brake too early and too hard into Turn 1. Funny thing is a also see some guys that that never even track out into 2 from turn 1. I see that a lot for some odd reason.
Yes, you would think that the jump in the inside exit to turn 1 would convince people to move over. It's hard to choose between 1 and 17. Both are a lot of fun.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:00 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Turn 1, Turn 17, Tower Turn, Bishop's Bend, Turn 10
Old 12-28-2008, 06:52 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
If you just keep the car 1 car width off the yellow line before the bridge it is a lot smoother.
Thanks for the info, that's my least favorite turn as it's very abusive on GT3 cups. Any other marks or lines to avoid bumps exiting T17?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:29 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lou L
Hey Terry - I think it would be a good track for you to start on since it's your home track, your first race is a bit brain overload and at least not worrying about learning the track is one less thing to be concerned about - I did my first race at Carolina in the rain and trying to learn the track, teching your car, staying out of trouble and learning some of the little things you only experience racing was quite enough. It would of been nice to have done that at sebring, my home track, instead - just my opinion.
I'm with you Lou - just don't want to do it at Winterfest or 48 Hours. During the "normal" season, we'll have a lot fewer cars on the track. Winterfest & 48 are jam packed. When the snow birds go back home, I'll be there. 2009 is my year. I got my PBOC race license at Barber and I'm going to run in R2 during the year - just not at the season opener.

....ok I lied. Technically, I will be racing at Winterfest. I'm a co-driver for a buddy in an R3 996. We're gonna do the 6 hour enduro together. It's a little easier for me. He has to qualify and start the car. I just have to turn laps and not run into things.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:35 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cosmo
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART OR TURN ON THE TRACK AND WHY?
Bishops bend is my favorite. If you man-up and keep your foot glued to the floor, you can really haul-*ss around there.
...however, Bishops bend starts at 13. As you know it's a class 90' right hander. You can't afford to turn in early there - you need a fantastic launch off the corner to maximize your exit speed. Every mph of exit speed to get on 13, you get to keep and build on if you keep your foot buried in the throttle through bishops. If you get good speed through 13/14 you can stuff yourself on the inside of someone into the right-hander for 15.

I used to think people who tried to pass there were clinically insane and had a reckless disregard for their personal well-being. .... then I got a cup-car wanna be. Let's just say, my world changed.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:56 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

BA:

Looking forward to your passes in R2 thru Bishops The elation of pressing the right pedal to floor is quickly met with the reality of the next right hander.

Looking forward to supporting your efforts provided you do the same for me in June
Old 12-28-2008, 08:10 PM
BrokeAss
Driver Carries No Cash
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VERBOTN125
Looking forward to your passes in R2 thru Bishops The elation of pressing the right pedal to floor is quickly met with the reality of the next right hander.
I hear ya! It's all fun and games until you hit the brake zone and you're trying to scrub off enough speed not to T-Bone another drivers passenger door! ...or go sailing off into the weeds and the jersey barriers in the great beyond.

Looking forward to being out there with you when you get your license!
Old 12-28-2008, 08:47 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrokeAss
I hear ya! It's all fun and games until you hit the brake zone and you're trying to scrub off enough speed not to T-Bone another drivers passenger door! ...or go sailing off into the weeds and the jersey barriers in the great beyond.

Looking forward to being out there with you when you get your license!
Since everybody is bailing on the SS group, I'm going to have to go racing with you guys this year.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:53 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Scott I am still in SS but 09 is my break-out year, you know bucket-list stuff.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:05 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VERBOTN125
Scott I am still in SS but 09 is my break-out year, you know bucket-list stuff.
I've got the PCA app sitting on my desk. Now to get letters from three different CIs one of which doesn't know me from Adam.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:08 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sbelles
I've got the PCA app sitting on my desk. Now to get letters from three different CIs one of which doesn't know me from Adam.
Papers???? we dont need no stinking papers???
Old 12-28-2008, 09:29 PM
FL Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Sebring

Will attend Winterfest (Jan) and PCA (Feb)
Need to get seat time in the cup car.
I look forward to a great time once again!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:12 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

FL-Porsche

Drive the cup and trailer the Chevelle, that is one bad @ss car
Old 12-29-2008, 01:25 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
Thanks for the info, that's my least favorite turn as it's very abusive on GT3 cups. Any other marks or lines to avoid bumps exiting T17?
Mike, it starts getting bumpy before the inside yellow line too. I hate 17 as well but it is fun when you somehow magically get it right.

Bishops (14) is one of my favorite.

Quick Reply: ROLL CALL FOR SEBRING