RIP

Originally Posted by Greg Smith
Where can I redeem these credits?
Boystown.
Old 11-27-2008 | 11:42 PM
Martin Bishop
Instructor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I know. Happy happy to you, too. Some of us are going to HHR on Sunday. You should stick around & join us (I am riding, not driving).
VR. What time are you guys running at H2R? I see a group at 11:00 and one at 2:00. I was planning on trying to stop in on Sunday.
Old 11-27-2008 | 11:44 PM
KurtC
Instructor

Originally Posted by TRT41
My 2 cents, no brake at 8. After the 8 minute point you went about a half car length further before turn in at 8, much better entry. I enter 7 a little earlier and exit slightly left of mid track instead of a parallel line from 7 to 8. You began to adapt to that line later in your run.
I see what you're saying. After a while I just started to coast a little between 7 and 8 and the turn started to feel better. I never felt like I got it all right though. Thanks!

Originally Posted by himself
Roger. We had a few chats over the weekend. Definitely stop by when you see us at the next event (BTW, there is TDE at MSR (1.7 CW) on Dec 6-7).

IMO, you might be hustling the car too much between 7 and 8. Personally, I just use the short straight from 7 to 8 to manage the car for entry to 8. That doesn't mean slow down, but the straight is so short, there's no real time to be gained by spiking the gas - just modulate it to balance the car with a slight lift before turn in to load the fronts a bit. The reality is there is only time to be lost between 8 and 9 if you don't prep 8 right (i.e., by overdriving 7-8).

I know many people (including me) under drive turn 8 anyway, as there is definitely no reward for spinning, and the track falls away because of the crown. You really have to be on your game to push through turn 8.

There is, however, a bunch of time to be gained from 8-10 if you can hustle the car there.

-td
Sure will, Tom. It'll be a few months till my next event though.

I did have a chance to work on it this past Saturday at ECR's Toy Race. (INCREDIBLE DEAL!!) Nailing turn 8 was my goal for the day. I was just thinking about having the right (slower) turn in speed and was able to get on the power early and track out like I thought I should. I didn't really start to think about what I should be doing between 7 and 8 until after. Your advise has been a lot of help and will give me somthing more to work on next time.

Greg and VR, thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time!

Quick Reply: Video - some Eagle's Canyon fun