Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eagles Canyon Member day 11/22 or 11/23

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 06:33 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That drop link mount is the only thing on my car that would not have adhered to the official 'rules'. We were running on 225/255 with ~5 track days, but the last heat cycle was 5+ months ago.

Leaves me with zero excuse, as I must have the most expensive Spec Boxster in the land. Off to sell my kidney and pay my bill..
Old 11-24-2008, 06:36 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Sunday was a blast. I was cool to see every one pitch in to help in the novice runs. I took the week off so I am headed back to ECR tomorrow to run for a few hours. Any one else game? If so shoot Maggie an email or giver her a call. 70 degrees in late November, bring it on!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:48 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

David,

Forgot to ask before I left yesterday, how did the new calipers work out (thought you told us that you had a chance to swap them out on Sat. night?).

Can't make tomorrow, but still planning on heading down to TWS for the Lone Star event. See you down there.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:58 PM
TRT41
Burning Brakes

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Noby- It was the front rotors, just as John thought. I replaced the front rotors Sunday morning, and replaced the rears this morning. ECR is tough on brakes and my braking zones are way to long. Going to work on that tomorrow. See you at TWS, have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:52 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bsr_257
That drop link mount is the only thing on my car that would not have adhered to the official 'rules'.
Yeah, that's what I was referring to. John talked to Steve this morning & fessed up. He said he could see us back there fighting the cars trying to keep up & it was an easy go for him. It's too late for me to get anything done on them since we have submitted rules to POC & PCA already for '09 but we start the whole review process over again in May/June so we will address it then. Don't sell the brackets. Just swap in the shorter links for now until we get some resolution.

Get well soon after your imminent surgery

David,
I would come out tomorrow but my DS front rotor is cracked from the center out. No big deal, they were on the car when I got it & I got all season out of them. Have fun tomorrow!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:09 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

I was just watching how things played out with John Gordon's post on boxsterspec. We already had the part coming from Ira well before John posted. Knew that John called Steve W. this morning, and that Chris followed up with some very detailed questions. We just wanted to test with it, our other solution was going to take a trip to the machine shop.

Couple other things about the car. The upper monoball mounts are shot, the alignment is going all over the place even if you breath on the car. I do have to get a rules modification for the camber plates, though we're grandfathered for '09. Argument was made that the 2-piece control arm would allow any amount of negative camber. We can only get -2.9° before the caster will go out of whack. No bueno.

Back to work so I can make money for more seat time...
Old 11-24-2008, 11:29 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's weird. You might check with Brad & see what he thinks.

PS: I'm glad you guys tested with the new parts. It will be very helpful to us next year!

Quick Reply: Eagles Canyon Member day 11/22 or 11/23