Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Data logging for a Mac

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 09:58 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Been there, noticed something missing.......
Doh! That can be fixed! I must not have pictures of your car in my main library. I'm not sure why, but I'll see what I can find (or send me your best) and I'll update the site...
Old 11-17-2008, 11:17 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a .mac software would be GREAT! i want more info...
Old 11-18-2008, 03:23 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Doh! That can be fixed! I must not have pictures of your car in my main library. I'm not sure why, but I'll see what I can find (or send me your best) and I'll update the site...
Not the best pic, but in stock..
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2008, 05:15 PM
AMackDC
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Race-Keeper Video Data logger as seen at PSDS

Thanks for the positive review of the Race-Keeper Comparo PC app MJones! We’ll be launching the Race-Keeper system for racers in December at PRI. Race-Keeper has been installed in driving schools across USA since mid 2006. Check http://www.race-keeper.com/revshare for a list of our partner racing and driving schools.

See you at PRI, bring along your PSDS USB key from the Master Class last week and you can get a hands on demo of the Comparo software using your own video and data.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Very interested for Mac. Very interested.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:49 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely interested if it worked with the pbox from racelogic.

BTW, I also resort to Parallels for various windows-only apps, including the racelogic software, and have recently discovered a way to significantly increase the performance of Windows. Requires a little investment, but in my case it was just using stuff I already had but was not putting to good use:

If you have an ExpressCard slot, it will support the eSATA connection standard for external hard drives. An eSATA compatible hard drive (I use a Western Digital My Book) is faster than the internal hard drive, partly because it takes some of the load off of the internal I/O bus of your mac. Move your windows VM to the external hard drive and run it from there. Amazingly stable, and noticeably faster windows performance and Mac OS X performance. Saved me from almost buying a windows computer for just 3 or 4 apps.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Not the best pic, but in stock..
3rd pic to appear on the home page now.

Russell, good tip.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:50 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

We are total mac heads, but I don't think a native version is all that important. What really matters is how good the software is in terms of data analysis. If great software was available only on Windows, then I would use Windows, if it was on Mac, I would use Mac. In fact, there is a case to be made that a ~$800 Dell laptop is the perfect tool for analysis because if I drop it, it gets stolen, then it's not a huge loss (except for the data). We have now dropped two Macbook pro's in the pits, and its getting expensive. ;-). Now we bring two to every event.

The DAS tool is the key, get it right and don't worry about the software platform as much. I would rather have a vendor focus on the features/bug fixes than support two platforms. Now, if you are just thinking only supporting the Mac, then that would be fine. For sure it has better native video support.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:36 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Well said!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:33 PM
ckkrause
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

I would have been interested a month or two ago, but I bought a Traqmate and used Thinkpad and I'm in business.....

my$0.02

-CKKrause
Old 11-21-2008, 11:27 AM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, we have a good sized community of Mac users running TrackVision, most under Parallels but also with a few under VMWare and even Bootcamp. The general sense is that the Windows on the Mac is a strong or stronger than on a native PC. Go figure!

Also FWIW, Windows native video support is sketchy at best, especially for HD formats. We use our own codec suite exclusively, which works quite nicely.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:40 PM
blakt out
Instructor

I would, for sure! I'm trying to figure it all out right now, as I'm typin! I would much rather not have to run Windows.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:42 PM
blakt out
Instructor

Yeah. I have to use some kind of codec to get my ChaseCam vids to play in the MediaPlayer... through Windows... through Parallels... on my Macbook Pro...
Old 12-02-2008, 04:31 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 386 Likes on 224 Posts

Very, very interested. I own three Macs but the only Intel based is a desktop. PC based means a laptop in addition- more $ I'd have to spend. And I HATE Windows.

Quick Reply: Data logging for a Mac