Sponsored by:

How will the economic downturn effect Drivers Ed's

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008 | 11:17 PM
GT3CAR
Needs to Get a Life
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any of you been through the airplane phase (C-182)? I would hate to still have that expense. You always felt like you needed to be flying it to get your money's worth. I bought a lot of $100 hamburgers http://www.100dollarhamburger.com/. I think it was 3K every time a mechanic touched it. I forgot what the annual inspections cost. I must have a mental block on that cost. Seems to me it was used to be something like 7-8K and you didn't even get new cool things to look at like motons or lexan or a new wing or suspension components! Holy crap, i just remembered the recall they had on the flaps one time...15K.
This hobby is cheap - just trying flying!

Ok, so maybe I would share a Cirrus SR-22 - that is one sweet ride.
Old 11-15-2008 | 12:32 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 222 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by sjanes
My wife and I are currently looking at RVs so we can take the kids camping and I can bring the family to the track. Lots of nice Class A motorhomes coming up at good prices.
Stacy, Gas Class As aren't selling. The statistics are sobering. Way, way, way down.

Wait a little bit ... prices are dropping like stones ... in the US.
Old 11-15-2008 | 01:11 AM
sjanes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
Stacy, Gas Class As aren't selling. The statistics are sobering. Way, way, way down.

Wait a little bit ... prices are dropping like stones ... in the US.
That's what I figured would happen. As people start dumping toys they can't afford, I should be able to pick one up at rock bottom prices. Now if we can only prop up our $ so I don't get killed on the exchange.
Old 11-15-2008 | 10:19 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3CAR
Any of you been through the airplane phase (C-182)? I would hate to still have that expense. You always felt like you needed to be flying it to get your money's worth. I bought a lot of $100 hamburgers http://www.100dollarhamburger.com/. I think it was 3K every time a mechanic touched it. I forgot what the annual inspections cost. I must have a mental block on that cost. Seems to me it was used to be something like 7-8K and you didn't even get new cool things to look at like motons or lexan or a new wing or suspension components! Holy crap, i just remembered the recall they had on the flaps one time...15K.
This hobby is cheap - just trying flying!

Ok, so maybe I would share a Cirrus SR-22 - that is one sweet ride.
Yup, I used to have a Piper Comanche 180 but I wasn't into DE yet. I was also into Motorcycles. I was more then happy to give all that up for DE. Much more accessible hobby and relatively affordable

Quick Reply: How will the economic downturn effect Drivers Ed's