Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will Lewis Hamilton throw away the world championship on a bone head move?
He's got the WDC locked up - no way he'll throw it away (Ron Dennis will have his nuts)
12.78%
50/50 - it could go either way
39.85%
Strong possibility he'll throw it away
27.82%
Absolutely - he'll end up in the gravel, press the wrong button, t-bone someone, etc.
19.55%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Will Lewis Hamilton throw away the world champsionship on a bone head move?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DWalker
A true conspiracy theorist would take a deeper look into this and say that Bernie & Co. are driving this, using it to get newer, more youthful viewers watching, waiting to see what happens next, and are doing so based on the assumption thats what it takes to get those viewers to tune in or click on. With those viewers would come new and different sponsorship, meaning more $$ for thier coffers...
Would Bernie do something as devious and under-handed as that just to make even more money? Nah!
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:50 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Ah, you guys can't see the forest for the trees. It is patently obvious that it is an insidious plot between Luca Montezemolo and Ron Dennis to have total control of F1 racing. First Montezemolo benches Jean Todt and retires Michael Schumacher to show his muscle. He probably was behind the spy scandel, feeding info to Stepney who passed it onto McLaren. He probably paid the fine for Ron Dennis, with the caveat that Dennis has to sabatoge his own drivers chances to win the WDC so that he could justify his ouster of Schumacher and replacement by Raikonnen.

Now he's going to do the same so that Massa can win. Why do you think that EVERY decision goes Ferrari's way? Once Massa becomes WDC, he will allow Dennis to have the 2009 WDC as repayment. After all, haven't Ferrari and McLaren won 8 of the last 10 WDCs? The only fly in the ointment here is Renault who won't play ball (when did the French ever?). That is why Alonso has to stay at Renault, because if he goes to Ferrari, the car will mysteriously turn to ****, and Hamilton will be the 2009 WDC.

I'm really surprised that Wayne didn't figure this out already.
Yuh got me there larry , Gosh Darn it one caveat LH will be WDC .....

Gents,

It is the FIA who is ruining the sport not the drivers.. My advise ? enjoy them for who and what they are , without FIA interference the racing again this year would have been fantastic at all levels , regardless of whom you support ......

PS : Hammy is 23 and FA is the youngest 2 WDC in the Sport's history.... Remember MS @ 23 , Ask Warwick

Hamilton was given too much 2 soon , time will tell if he can deal with it ........................

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-17-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:07 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,274 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by DWalker
I was trying to stay out of this, but-

I think Ham-it-up will throw it away, simply because that is the most likely outcome. He has proven (multiple times) that he has several failure modes to choose from. He can lose his temper, make a "youthful" mistake that even a rookie would pale at, forget what hes doing, or simply run out of talent.

What bugs me about Hamilton is that when he came into the limelight last year and was that "breath of fresh air F1 needed" he was humble, happy to be there, and gave other drivers their due. Now he has gotten wrapped up in his own legend and the true personality is showing. Obviously, just being an F1 driver requires a fair amount of testicular fortitude and ego, but Hamilton is taking things too far and turning F1 into a spectacle. This isnt NASCAR folks and we can do without the drama an other BS. It really seems it wont be long now before we see him on the cover of the tabloids next to Britney and Paris. Maybe I am the only one, but I enjoy racing for the racing, not wondering if X driver is going to punt Y driver because of some personality clash or other BS. I would think this is what is bugging a lot of the other F1 drivers as well, because this is thier JOB, and they want to be professional about it, not acting like a spoiled brat pissing about and whining about how great he is and how everyone else sucks.
Yes, of course other drivers have had thier moments- they are human after all- but Hamstrung's behavior this year iborders on ridiculous.
Very well said!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:25 AM
LiveNupe
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
Anti-Obama, and now anti-Hamilton. Do I see a trend?
No comment... other than to point out that this has been an interesting week.

Quick Reply: Will Lewis Hamilton throw away the world champsionship on a bone head move?