Sponsored by:

WSIR and POC hotel

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 10:48 PM
fatbillybob
Drifting

Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts
Default WSIR and POC hotel

Does the POC have a club hotel everyone seems to go to for WSIR? Is that hotel trailer friendly?

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2008, 12:09 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe they have a couple they recommend. I'm sure someone with actual knowledge will chime in shortly but they're all pretty much a dives in the North end of Lancster closest to the track.

There are several new hotels in the area which recently opened. They're all right off the frwy and include a Holiday Inn Express, a Marriott Spring Hills Suites, and a brand new Hampton Inn which is closest to the track.....
Old 10-13-2008, 12:06 PM
Craig T.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the POC has discounted rates at The Inn of Lancaster on Sierra Hwy, but the trailer parking is not great, and it's no Ritz Carlton. There is a motel next to The Inn that was a Best Western (it's private now and changed the name???) They have a POC rate as well, a decent restaurant, and great trailer parking, but I wouldn't leave my open trailer there. It’s a pretty rough area.

I stay at the new Holiday Inn Express and leave my car and trailer at the track. That’s the safest place for it. I heard the Hampton Inn is decent. I don’t know about trailer parking though.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:46 PM
touf
Pro

I used to stay at the club host hotels but lately I have started staying at the FAirfiled Inn by Mariott in Lancaster.
It s a new construction, 1 mile off teh 14 and very clean rooms
The rates are not that much higher than the host hotels.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:15 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig T.
I know the POC has discounted rates at The Inn of Lancaster on Sierra Hwy, but the trailer parking is not great, and it's no Ritz Carlton. There is a motel next to The Inn that was a Best Western (it's private now and changed the name???) They have a POC rate as well, a decent restaurant, and great trailer parking, but I wouldn't leave my open trailer there. It’s a pretty rough area.

I stay at the new Holiday Inn Express and leave my car and trailer at the track. That’s the safest place for it. I heard the Hampton Inn is decent. I don’t know about trailer parking though.
The new Hampton Inn has a parking lot the size of Cleveland....
Old 10-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Craig T.
Racer

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
The new Hampton Inn has a parking lot the size of Cleveland....
I think that will be my new home then. Plus, it's on the better side of the tracks (or freeway).

Quick Reply: WSIR and POC hotel