Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian GP , makes way for The Indian GP ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 10:41 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian GP , makes way for The Indian GP ?

Ironic now wouldn't it ,,, with the amount of Indians in canada , they move the gp .. LOL

Yep Bernie Imagine dat ,,, American Co. that wanna make profit ...........

Ecclestone says India will make 2011 debut

By Michele Lostia and Pablo Elizalde Friday, October 10th 2008, 10:53 GMT

The first Indian Formula One Grand Prix will take place in 2011, one year later than it was originally announced by the local organisers, according to Bernie Ecclestone.

The Indian Olympic Association had announced last year that the first race in the Asian country would take place in 2010.

The Formula One supremo also said Russia was an option for the future.

"Besides Abu Dhabi, we have at least two or three options open in Russia," Ecclestone told Gazzetta dello Sport in an interview. "The first is obviously Moscow. But it isn't time to think about a date yet.

"And then there's India, and I can say that the Grand Prix there will be included in the 2011 calendar."

Ecclestone said that Singapore would again be the only night race on the calendar in 2009.

"The Singapore GP originated from the need of making F1 visible to Europe at an acceptable time that isn't dawn. So this is a matter restricted to the Asian and Oceania races," he added.

"Every GP from that side of the world could in theory be moved to a night slot. But in 2009 it will just be Singapore. As for Europe I see no reason to stage a race after sunset."

Next year's calendar did not include any races in North America, with the Canadian Grand Prix having been dropped.

Ecclestone said the problem in America was that the races were promoted by private companies.

"America works differently. Certain worldwide events, like F1 itself in certain nations or the Olympic Games, are financed by the countries.

"In the American continent, by contrast, they're organised by private companies, who want to make a profit even before the race is staged: that's a bit too much."
Old 10-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think it's such a bull**** move to drop Montreal from the calendar (it's not as bas as dropping holy grail, Spa but still) but it's hard to defend the $10-20 million they owe FIA.
It doesn't need nearly as that much to **** off Bernie so it's pretty easy to see why he dropped them.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:40 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Any news on the course in India. Street course or dedicated track?
Old 10-11-2008, 03:52 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i heard there will be a lot of curry courses .........................................
Old 10-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
i heard there will be a lot of curry courses .........................................

Man, I wouldn't mind going to India to see a race, I LOVE Indian food...

When they had two sites (couple of years back) to be chosen, Bernie sent Tilke to check the sites so it's not too hard to imagine who'll design the track...

Quick Reply: Canadian GP , makes way for The Indian GP ?