Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We'll Call Him Pebbles..

 
Old 09-27-2008, 10:50 AM
  #16  
Erik
User
 
Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: juno beach, florida
Posts: 890
Default

Haha, had a friend do it to me on the warm up lap. Talking to his student at 30 miles an hour, goes off in the gravel pit, and while I'm on his bumper, floors it and destroys my windshield.
Erik is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 11:38 AM
  #17  
DanR
Super User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,456
Default

its a pisser re the windshield and lights, but we all know ............... **** happens like this (and worse) when you go on the track.

Personally this is why I bought a pure track car so I worry less about trashing my street P
DanR is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 11:42 AM
  #18  
M758
Super User
 
M758's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 17,643
Default

I don't get why you would even bust ***** on this. Guy makes a pass and then puts a wheel off. It happens. Now maybe you complain about the pass, but rocks. Tough.... that is on BIG reason I went to a track car. Here in Arizona most of our tracks have rocks on the edges not grass. So cars get what we can track rash. That is an extreme case of road rash that results in peppered paint and on occasion a cracked windshield. It is just part of track driving around here.
M758 is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 12:19 PM
  #19  
007DT
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
007DT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 2,919
Default

Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
Dave took the windshield well but I think the irritation came when he noticed the headlight took a hit, looked like someone took a 44 mag to it.

Sorry - OT -Dave, any premium in Cumming? The box is out, the 924 is dry and the BMW is empty. Been running reg in the acura since Tuesday.
No Premium, I'm running Regular also for now. As a matter of fact I just went for a bike (cycle) ride and passed ~ 3 - 4 stations. None of them had any gas, still.

Originally Posted by M758 View Post
I don't get why you would even bust ***** on this. Guy makes a pass and then puts a wheel off. It happens. Now maybe you complain about the pass, but rocks. Tough.... that is on BIG reason I went to a track car. Here in Arizona most of our tracks have rocks on the edges not grass. So cars get what we can track rash. That is an extreme case of road rash that results in peppered paint and on occasion a cracked windshield. It is just part of track driving around here.
Headlight is Cheap.. Just surprised as Chris mentioned because I didn't notice it until the next day when I was filling up at the gas station. That said, it's obvious that I didn't get out of my car and crawl around it to assess the damage as I'm not overly concerned about the car knowing this **** happens. I don't cover the front with painters tape or a clear bra, etc. Just having fun with the guy who did it and he knows I was going to because we talked about it that day at the track... LIGHTEN UP
007DT is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 01:21 PM
  #20  
Mark in Baltimore
Moderator
Rennlist Member
 
Mark in Baltimore's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 21,071
Default

Originally Posted by 007DT View Post

Headlight is Cheap.. Just surprised as Chris mentioned because I didn't notice it until the next day when I was filling up at the gas station. That said, it's obvious that I didn't get out of my car and crawl around it to assess the damage as I'm not overly concerned about the car knowing this **** happens. I don't cover the front with painters tape or a clear bra, etc. Just having fun with the guy who did it and he knows I was going to because we talked about it that day at the track... LIGHTEN UP
Pretty clear to me that you knew the guy and were just having some fun at his expense.
Mark in Baltimore is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 03:56 PM
  #21  
Veloce Raptor
Torque Monster
Rennlist Member
Small Business Sponsor
 
Veloce Raptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In a race car...
Posts: 38,889
Default

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore View Post
Pretty clear to me that you knew the guy and were just having some fun at his expense.
Exactly.
Veloce Raptor is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 04:07 PM
  #22  
Veloce Raptor
Torque Monster
Rennlist Member
Small Business Sponsor
 
Veloce Raptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In a race car...
Posts: 38,889
Default

PS: the culprit was named "Pebbles" here for a reason known only to him, the OP, James Clay, and myself.
Veloce Raptor is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 05:22 PM
  #23  
Chads996
Super User
 
Chads996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Soowanee, GA
Posts: 5,829
Default

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor View Post
LMFAO....eventually he'll see this thread, Dave.
Why are YOU laughing - "Pebbles".

If I recall, you did "something" to a BMW Bimmerworld race car with...pebbles.

Hmmmmm...!?

C.
Chads996 is offline  
Old 09-27-2008, 05:34 PM
  #24  
Veloce Raptor
Torque Monster
Rennlist Member
Small Business Sponsor
 
Veloce Raptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In a race car...
Posts: 38,889
Default

Originally Posted by Chads996 View Post
Why are YOU laughing - "Pebbles".

If I recall, you did "something" to a BMW Bimmerworld race car with...pebbles.

Hmmmmm...!?

C.
and that is EXACTLY where the nickname came from.
Veloce Raptor is offline  
Old 09-28-2008, 12:29 AM
  #25  
Seth Thomas
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cumming, Ga
Posts: 1,879
Default

LOL what a crazy driver.
Seth Thomas is offline  
Old 09-28-2008, 11:14 AM
  #26  
Veloce Raptor
Torque Monster
Rennlist Member
Small Business Sponsor
 
Veloce Raptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In a race car...
Posts: 38,889
Default

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas View Post
LOL what a crazy driver.
Truly! Hahahahahahaaa! The guy is a certified menace!
Veloce Raptor is offline  
Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 AM
  #27  
Seth Thomas
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Cumming, Ga
Posts: 1,879
Default

Maybe he needs some coaching from VR to solve his issues
Seth Thomas is offline  
Old 09-29-2008, 10:34 AM
  #28  
David Danhof
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
David Danhof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 182
Default

Dave, I have a used passenger side headlight lens if you need it. It is not cracked but sandblasted from track events etc. I tossed the drivers side. As you klnow I lost my windshield the same day in a similar incident. Bottom of esses, BMW went wide to allow a pass and got into a very dirty part of the track kicking up all sorts of garbage. Oh well, happens and I needed a new one anyway due to sandblasting.

Where is the video of the high price you paid when you missed a shift.....?
David Danhof is offline  
Old 09-29-2008, 10:53 AM
  #29  
Veloce Raptor
Torque Monster
Rennlist Member
Small Business Sponsor
 
Veloce Raptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In a race car...
Posts: 38,889
Default

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas View Post
Maybe he needs some coaching from VR to solve his issues
Maybe....but that might even make him worse!

Hey serious question: is the gas shortage there as bad as it is protrayed?
Veloce Raptor is offline  
Old 09-29-2008, 11:04 AM
  #30  
007DT
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
007DT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 2,919
Default

Originally Posted by David Danhof View Post
Dave, I have a used passenger side headlight lens if you need it.

Where is the video of the high price you paid when you missed a shift.....?
Dave. Thanks but my drivers side is the broken one. I need new ones any way. I'm sure your windshield was smashed by one of the reckless Bimmer World Drivers
I'll work on a highlights video this week and post it.

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor View Post
Maybe....but that might even make him worse!

Hey serious question: is the gas shortage there as bad as it is protrayed?
YES!! If you can find a station with it be prepared to wait for 30+ min. The challenge is finding it. Its hard to believe this has been going for over a week.
007DT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: