Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monticello (south course) with CVR

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

I also took some video of the parade lap we got to do around the full track.

I was lucky - I went out right at the very end of the group, so I was able to hang back - then bring up the speed a little bit on the back straight.

Enjoy!

p.s. I apologize for the "sun spots" - it was the end of the day, and the low sun caught my video camera.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by richard glickel
Originally Posted by Qwickrick
Geoffrey was definitely getting around the track faster than anyone else.

CVR was the first club to to get to use the track, and you have to accept that this track is still a work in progress. Tony, the C.I. of Monticello, assured us that the track will be considerably better next time. T7/8 will be changed, the course will be longer, they will have the top coat put on, there will be more trackout with rumbles, etc. CVR ran a super event giving what they had to deal with.

I was out in green, yellow, white and red run groups, and everyone was courteous, not many trains, and only a few minor incidences.

Best part was arriving Wednesday, and in the parking lot, being loaded onto a trailer, was a Ferrari 275 GTB Competition, one of 12 every made. Aluminum body, plexi windows, Borrani wheels, factory side exhaust etc, and when the owner started it for us, music to our ears.

Other highlight of sorts, was on Friday, there was a lady on the member's north course, in a new Bentley Continental GT Speed, and she knew had to drive. For those who don't know, the Bentley GT Speed has 602 HP, will do 203 mph, and can do 0-60 in a little over 4 seconds, and weighs over 5000 pounds.
Rick,

That was no lady, that was Mary Tietjen - she and husband Ron of 944 Turbo Cup collection fame (I think Ron had something like 11 or 13 cup cars at last count). Both very nice people and yes, the girl can drive!

I wasn't too crazy about CVR's alotted segment of the track for this event, but as someone else has already written in this thread, when you take the entire track into perspective, the south portion makes perfect sense and from our slow lap of the whole track I'll admit it is an awesome circuit; one I may never get to drive, but a very impressive track for sure.

CVR did a very good job for a first event with a lay-out not yet conducive to a sold-out D.E. (140 cars).

Richard
Um, no, it wasn't Mary. It was Andrea Frank, wife of John. John has a Spec Boxster (black with checkerboard stripes) and an orange Jagermeister GT3 cup. It was Andrea's second day on a track, ever. We are trying to get her to learn to drive a stick.

CVR always does a great job and I appreciate all their efforts.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:47 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think John Frank's Boxster is a Spec Boxster, I think it's an E Class. DeMan has turned out a half dozen or so E and F class Boxsters, and I had considered converting my street Boxster, but they're not Specs.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Correct. I was mistaken.

Last edited by Lawrence_P; 12-05-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
richard glickel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawrence_P
Um, no, it wasn't Mary. It was Andrea Frank, wife of John. John has a Spec Boxster (black with checkerboard stripes) and an orange Jagermeister GT3 cup. It was Andrea's second day on a track, ever. We are trying to get her to learn to drive a stick.

CVR always does a great job and I appreciate all their efforts.
Well then, way to go Andrea!

Richard
Old 09-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Lawrence_P
Racer

Well then, way to go Andrea!

Richard
Absolutely, for sure. Also, re Mary Tietjen
and yes, the girl can drive!Richard
Mary is an ex CVR CI.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:57 AM
richard glickel.
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawrence_P
Mary is an ex CVR CI.
Yes. Mary and Ron Tietjen were out there (on the members' portion of the track) last Friday.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Here's more footage from Moticello. This was the last run group on the 2nd day (red and black combined, I believe).

Quick Reply: Monticello (south course) with CVR