Sponsored by:

Great Time at VIR and a Big Thanks to RJFabCab

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 10:27 AM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Great Time at VIR and a Big Thanks to RJFabCab

After a long time staying in the pits, going back to VIR was a God-sent for me. Even Hanna did not dampen the mood or cancel sessions.

My instructor was Randy and boy can he teach. He has been patient, persistent and precise about every single corner, suggestion and kept building back my confidence. Thank you Randy, you just have been awesome.

I don't yet have the videos, but I'll get to them this week. I suspect though, I have never been this fast on this track, especially through T1, 5-6, the snake and Oak Tree. I corrected a lot of my mistakes going into T14 and still need to work on T16-17. My braking is also improving. Most importantly, for first time I am actually getting how to 'momentum drive' my car

Thanks once again to Potomac Chapter and Randy
Old 09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

I was watching you guys and the BoxterS #09 (Jim M. was his instructor) and both of you we're doing GREAT in the afternoon sessions! Watching you guys from up at the Villas gave us a good vantage point for how much imrovement you both made thru the esses and especially T10... GOOD JOB!!!

Just don't let Randy talk you into climbing any fences... He's a cheap SOB... ONLY A DOLLAR, PuHlease...

Mike
Old 09-08-2008, 11:04 AM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you Mike I was actually looking to meet you, but did not know you were staying at the Villas and could not pick out your car at the paddock, I should have asked Randy; I was just too busy listening to him

I think you are right about Randy though, he did not mention the fences, but he offered me a dollar for climbing the 'essess' 10 mph faster, I did not have the *****. And ONLY A DOLLAR for the 'essess', Puhleeeaaseee! (j/k of course).
Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

My car was out and back into the car trailer faster than I want to imagine...

Broke a hydraulic clutch line on the first run Friday and the car was put to bed before Black Run Group's first session on Friday!

I got one run in during the first white run group session... Depressing...

Mike

Quick Reply: Great Time at VIR and a Big Thanks to RJFabCab