Hallett Club Race - Registration Just Opened

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:50 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,266 Likes on 611 Posts

mr amond- I'll be running my mx5 cup @ the PCA DE @ MSR...you bringing a SPbox?

jay I really hope you guys do nasa, just so I have someone to race against- pretty sure I'll be in the same class and porsche drivers are usually a lot more mechanically sympathetic than honda guys (s2000) who I think will also be in our class
Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 PM
amondc
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
mr amond- I'll be running my mx5 cup @ the PCA DE @ MSR...you bringing a SPbox?

jay I really hope you guys do nasa, just so I have someone to race against- pretty sure I'll be in the same class and porsche drivers are usually a lot more mechanically sympathetic than honda guys (s2000) who I think will also be in our class
Yes we will have 1 maybe 2 box's at the DE and please call me Chris Mr Amond makes me look around for my father.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:14 PM
amondc
Burning Brakes

are you guys going to run in NASA or SCCA at all or just PCA stuff with those? JRgordon let me drive his a few weeks ago and it was a hoot btw. he's an awesome dude and has been really helpful regarding advice and such for me.
yeah we heard you even broke his tranny for him...
Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by amondc
yeah we heard you even broke his tranny for him...
now that is totally bull****- it's a chick car, and as we know- they've got a mind of their own
Old 09-05-2008, 11:20 PM
amondc
Burning Brakes

now that is totally bull****- it's a chick car, and as we know- they've got a mind of their own
HAHA just wanted to give you a hard time....
Old 09-06-2008, 12:32 AM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it was probably it's time of the month. It was for Watkin's last weekend....
Old 09-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Jay, are you thinking about running NASA GTS Challenge or one of the other NASA classes? I will probably jump into GTS Challenge next year just so I can run a few more races. Of course, that assumes that Shannon doesn't schedule NASA events right on top of PCA events. Would sure be nice if the sanctioning bodies would consider some coordination or even some JOINT all-race events (BMW and PCA for example).

cj, hope to introduce myself at the DE in a few.

Toby
Old 09-06-2008, 12:46 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Jay, are you thinking about running NASA GTS Challenge or one of the other NASA classes?
Toby
Maybe, but it's all about time around here. Lots of stuff happenin'! I can usually swing 6 weekends or so a year w/some member days thrown in since those are single day deals. It's a tough call w/so many good PCA events to run.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:28 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Jay, are you thinking about running NASA GTS Challenge or one of the other NASA classes? I will probably jump into GTS Challenge next year just so I can run a few more races. Of course, that assumes that Shannon doesn't schedule NASA events right on top of PCA events. Would sure be nice if the sanctioning bodies would consider some coordination or even some JOINT all-race events (BMW and PCA for example).

cj, hope to introduce myself at the DE in a few.

Toby

I agree completely, I'm trying to make a schedule for track days and races in both CA and TX, but it's easier to find out of state endurance races to do than local ones...
Old 09-17-2008, 08:06 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Time to re-invigorate this thread. Besides Glen's 6 Cup cars and Jay's barbie, one question I have is WHICH ONE of his Boxster's Noby will he run? Perhaps he got a 2-car trailer in the deal and is bringing both??
Old 09-17-2008, 09:59 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 575 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by JW in Texas
That's a good question. Steve & I haven't run ours down there yet. Maybe Rob has some idea. I'm going to guess mid 20s.
Not sure yet on times as I have not had the seat time in the car yet. I think I've had one timed session in the car on the 1.7 CCW and was in the 1:27.XX range without pushing very hard and without the tire pressure knowledge I have now. I bet I can get into the 1:26's pretty quickly and high 1:25s with some seat time, and there are certainly quicker drivers than me out there.

NASA is running Oct 11&12 at EC, so you guys should bring the SPBOXs out. I was wrong about the overlap on dates, its the weekend before the PCA date at Hallet. Just stay out of the way of my 911!

There is a small chance I take the SPBOX to Hallet now. Are you guys towing up yourself or utilizing Todd's services?

Toby - saw you out on Sunday but you pitted before we could play. I was doing a test and tune after some work on the car and never got more than 3 laps put together without an issue. I will try again this Friday to see if its ready to race again.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time to re-invigorate this thread. Besides Glen's 6 Cup cars and Jay's barbie, one question I have is WHICH ONE of his Boxster's Noby will he run? Perhaps he got a 2-car trailer in the deal and is bringing both??
Let's be clear, I'm not keeping two dedicated Boxster race cars. I suspect that Siver Piggy will end up with a new home. I still have to buy it back anyway...

But on a much more serious note, looks like my work schedule won't cooperate for the Hallett race. Bummer, it is one of my favorite tracks and Cimarron Region always puts on a great event.

-Noby
Old 09-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jakermc
Toby - saw you out on Sunday but you pitted before we could play. I was doing a test and tune after some work on the car and never got more than 3 laps put together without an issue. I will try again this Friday to see if its ready to race again.
Jake, if you see me out there, stop by. I'm on the back side of Glen's building on the north end. I just finished putting the car back together Sunday morning after a complete re-paint of the car. Wanted to shake it down a bit AND more importantly remember where the turns are on the track before this weekend. Only 1 spin in two sessions (coming out of Rattlesnake) and I even managed to stay on the pavement! Looking forward to getting some practice in on Saturday and Sunday.

Toby
Old 09-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bsr_257
Let's be clear, I'm not keeping two dedicated Boxster race cars. I suspect that Siver Piggy will end up with a new home. I still have to buy it back anyway...

-Noby
Noby, I hope there was something left of Silver Piggy beyond the tub and fenders. I know there are a bunch of us who want to hear the story. Have you set a time for story-hour yet? You will have a bunch of us hanging on the edge of our seats!

TBP

Quick Reply: Hallett Club Race - Registration Just Opened