Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racers / Rennlisters : great folks!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:10 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Racers / Rennlisters : great folks!

I am amazed by the extent of the camaraderie in the paddock during Club Race weekends. What a good group of people. Rennlisters also look for each other and get to meet in person. It’s just great. A quick story from last weekend at Road America.

About a month ago I read an interesting post by SWA911 (Jeffrey Frazier aka “The Stig’s Fat Cousin”). It was about the process he went through to build his D-class race car. I PM’d him to let him know that I was impressed and to make sure that we met in person at TRAC. We met last Saturday. Jeff ran into problems with his tranny later that day and was pretty much done for the weekend. I had more than my fair share of technical problems throughout the weekend, last one being a dead alternator (2pm Sunday). There wasn’t a readily available alternator to be found in the paddock. By 7pm that night, I didn’t think that I could run in the enduro the following day. Then at 7:15am on Monday, Jeff Frazier let me scavenge the alternator from his car. My car was finally running great thanks to Jeff.

By the way, Jeff co-drove his buddy’s car in the enduro and finished 2nd in class! Congrats!

I also got parts from Gary R. and Bill Petty in the last couple of races.

I am sure there are many more stories like this out there, but i wanted to share this one in particular.

Last edited by FredC; 09-03-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I couldn't agree more. At my last race I lost a half-shaft boot and lower radiator hose, fellow 944'ers came to the rescue and I was back racing on Sunday!

Quick Reply: Racers / Rennlisters : great folks!