Carolinas Challenge PCA Club Race and DE at CMP: Registration opens Sept 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 09:23 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 576 Likes on 303 Posts
Default Carolinas Challenge PCA Club Race and DE at CMP: Registration opens Sept 3

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN for THE CAROLINAS CHALLENGE 2008 - Hosted by The Carolinas Region PCA at NEWLY CONFIGURED and improved Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw SC. October 31, November 1 & 2.

Yes...there is still good racing in November! Come on down for some good old Southern Hospitality.

OH, and WE DO GIVE TROPHIES FOR WINNING!!! Carolinas Region believes that if you win your class, you deserve a trophy. This IS racing after all...

Tentative proposed race schedule includes TWO Sprint Races and a 90 minute Enduro for each racer (last year we squeezed in 3 sprints and an enduro!!), and lots of DE track time. Friday social for everyone at the track, including the crews.

If you haven't driven CMP this year, it's changed a lot. The section from T11 to T13 is now much more of a carousel than the slow turns of old. It's MUCH faster, and MUCH less choppy, and makes another great passing opportunity.

If you've been thinking of running your first race, CMP is a great track to do it at. Very safe, lots of run off room, wide enough for good racing, and very technical to showcase your good car control skills.

We're also holding a Multi-Marque car show, and swap meet. As always, it promises to be a great weekend!

And....it's Halloween Weekend, so we have some special "treats" planned for the weekend!

For full details, go to http://www.carolinas-pca.com/Club_Ra...ClubRace08.htm. Registration will be at www.register.pca.org.

So don't put that race car away just yet. Bring it down to the Carolinas and join us for a weekend of fun, friends and some great racing!!

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Last edited by NaroEscape; 09-03-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: update registration
Old 09-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
If you've been thinking of running your first race, CMP is a great track to do it at.
Yep, this will be my first race. I can't wait!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:07 PM
AlpharettaRK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be there.

Anybody have hotel recomendations??

TIA

Randy
Old 09-01-2008, 02:31 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

everything you need to know that we know at the moment is here:

http://www.carolinas-pca.com/Club_Ra...ClubRace08.htm

The main hotels to stay at the Colony Inn and the Best Western in Camden and Lugoff.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I'll be there in the DE group.

Last edited by Chris M.; 09-02-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 497 Likes on 320 Posts

CMP is really underrated. I hope to make it.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:38 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Oh, and I almost forgot, more changes to Carolina Motorsports Park.....

Along with the changes to T11-T13, they also pulled T14 in by 16 feet, meaning much more speed through the turn, and more passing room; they've re-paved all the corners to help cut down on the tire wear; MUCH more of the paddock is now paved, like the main road by the fence (those of you who have been there know what I'm talking about).

They also now have day garages (no doors) to rent, a new tower and free Wi-Fi in most of the paddock.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:13 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Registration is now open!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:20 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Bob, I got the ok from Susan to register!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:39 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by naroescape
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN for THE CAROLINAS CHALLENGE 2008 - Hosted by The Carolinas Region PCA at NEWLY CONFIGURED and improved Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw SC. October 31, November 1 & 2.

Yes...there is still good racing in November! Come on down for some good old Southern Hospitality.

OH, and WE DO GIVE TROPHIES FOR WINNING!!! Carolinas Region believes that if you win your class, you deserve a trophy. This IS racing after all...

Tentative proposed race schedule includes TWO Sprint Races and a 90 minute Enduro for each racer (last year we squeezed in 3 sprints and an enduro!!), and lots of DE track time. Friday social for everyone at the track, including the crews.

If you haven't driven CMP this year, it's changed a lot. The section from T11 to T13 is now much more of a carousel than the slow turns of old. It's MUCH faster, and MUCH less choppy, and makes another great passing opportunity.

If you've been thinking of running your first race, CMP is a great track to do it at. Very safe, lots of run off room, wide enough for good racing, and very technical to showcase your good car control skills.

We're also holding a Multi-Marque car show, and swap meet. As always, it promises to be a great weekend!

And....it's Halloween Weekend, so we have some special "treats" planned for the weekend!

For full details, go to http://www.carolinas-pca.com/Club_Ra...ClubRace08.htm. Registration will be at www.register.pca.org.

So don't put that race car away just yet. Bring it down to the Carolinas and join us for a weekend of fun, friends and some great racing!!
Sounds good, love to see the attention on the trophies, too! You giving them out for 3rd & 2nd, also, or just winners? I'm skeptical I can make it down for a number of reasons, but I would certainly like to!
Old 09-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

I would really like to make this race, I haven't been able to get over to CMP all year.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
Sounds good, love to see the attention on the trophies, too! You giving them out for 3rd & 2nd, also, or just winners? I'm skeptical I can make it down for a number of reasons, but I would certainly like to!
Depends on how many are in a group, but yes we give out 2nd and 3rd. John Alpaugh, our race chair, decides that, but I think if there are like 2 or 3 in a group, only 1st place, then it goes up from there in some sort of fashion. so with the bigger groups of like 6+, we give 1-3rd trophies. Not sure exactly, but the trophy has to mean something, not "I was 2nd..... out of 2" Trophies aren't big, usually a nice plaque or something, but something to remember your accomplishment by.

BTW Charlie, I heard you tore it up at Road America!! Nice driving!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:26 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LVDell
Bob, I got the ok from Susan to register!!!
When do you get your car?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:36 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Last night
Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by LVDell
Last night
And tell me you didn't want to immediately run it around the neighborhood and p*** off the neighbors!

Quick Reply: Carolinas Challenge PCA Club Race and DE at CMP: Registration opens Sept 3