Sponsored by:

Porscherama?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 03:44 AM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sleder
Not instructing, Not attending, until after the track chair has been replaced. Sorry about that. NNJR
Is it the track chair, or someone that thinks that he is (that I don't want to mention by name (Knute)) ?

Last edited by Minoclan; 08-30-2008 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Brain cramp
Old 08-30-2008, 09:06 AM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean F
it was a toss up between Pocono and cleaning the gutters on my house with my tongue....I'm going with the gutters
Sean you really shouldn't hold it in. Tell us how you really feel.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not to defend anyone else or debate the concerns expressed here......

Our current Track Chair is a good man, doing an excellent job and trying some changes....like the URG only event at WG on 9/22 & 23. No work assignments, lots of run time, no work assignments, likely only two run groups, no work assignments.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:49 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,063 Likes on 1,239 Posts

All I can say is change takes time and changes are being made as Bull said look at the WG 2 event for starters. Although, all I ever hear is negative criticism and bashing without constructive input. It is easy to find fault.

I find it funny because I have had a lot of people tell me how this person did this and that person did that or I have to work here, but I never hear anyone go to those in charge and point out the problem. If you guys feel it is better to stay away than to speak up to those in charge that is your call. But if you feel change is needed complaining about it on rennlist isn't going to help anything.

I see a lot of people at NNJR trying hard to do what is right with a lot of hurtles. If you guys know a way to improve things list the positive changes you feel will help to improve or PM me with things that bother you, no need to bash here, the club is open to positive suggestions, although no one enjoys negative sarcasm and personality bashing. We all have our faults.

NNJR works very hard to put on a very complex event at Prama surprisingly most of us actually care. Hell come on out and do some AX or rally for a change even better try your luck at concours . It can't hurt that much can it. LOL

I am always willing to listen and invite any of you to help reinvent the wheel.

Well I hope to see some of you someday to talk face to face, maybe VIR.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bull
Not to defend anyone else or debate the concerns expressed here......

Our current Track Chair is a good man, doing an excellent job and trying some changes.
+1 ABSOLUTELY!!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
All I can say is change takes time and changes are being made as Bull said look at the WG 2 event for starters. Although, all I ever hear is negative criticism and bashing without constructive input. It is easy to find fault.

I find it funny because I have had a lot of people tell me how this person did this and that person did that or I have to work here, but I never hear anyone go to those in charge and point out the problem. If you guys feel it is better to stay away than to speak up to those in charge that is your call. But if you feel change is needed complaining about it on rennlist isn't going to help anything.
Anthony - I'm glad to hear NNJR is trying new things. It's too bad that these changes weren't made public, especially after all the negative aspects were. If the work assignment process has been changed please say how it has been changed. If Knute has been muzzled, please say so. As for reporting a bad experience, I clearly gave you the info on my wife's 8 hour torture session and i'm sure you don't expect me to attend another NNJR event just so I can restate this to another board member. It's simple, I won't work more than 1 hour per event unless it's ME that volunteers for it. I won't be talked to like an illiterate laborer on a construction crew.

Ask the former heads of NNJR who GAVE them a good set of tail lights for their (Arlene's) 964 Cup as a TY a few years ago. I do work both ways..
Old 08-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Just to be clear, the September WG event has no work assignments (they are using volunteers). I don't know of any changes for other scheduled events, and I have no involvement in any current or future planning.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Name:  other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif
Views: 106
Size:  3.3 KB

No sense complaining, just change regions like I did (and most of my friends).
Old 08-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Minoclan
Attachment 300854

You have friends???
Old 08-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
You have friends???
He must have a bottle-opener!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Gary R.
He must have a bottle-opener!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

A few, I think. Uh oh, better check. Anyone want some Blue Moon? Johnnie Black? Yup they are all here.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:53 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

A few, I think. Uh oh, better check. Anyone want some Blue Moon? Johnnie Black? Yup they are all here.
Where did you say you would be next??????
Old 08-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

The Blakeslee Inn dining with the boys from RFMotorcars!!!! Its going to be a tough room that night. Ouch, Vman's head is going to explode! We may have to put him in a 98 Boxster with 100,000 miles and send him home.

Last edited by Minoclan; 08-31-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:41 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,063 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Attachment 300854

To each their own. I have been a member for 25 years, and an affiliate since 1977 and enjoy 98% of the people I have met through the club. Made many new friends over the years. I have no interest in starting over or running away.

My wife and I also find it more enjoyable when we volunteer and participate along with the driving. Maybe I am getting old but just driving is like going to a ski resort and just skiing. Half the experience is the sport the rest is socializing. I have met numerous new friends while working with them at these events I also bring my son which keeps me busy.

However, I agree there is no excuse for people being disrespected no matter what they may or may not have done.

Quick Reply: Porscherama?