Sponsored by:

Daytona Fuel Usage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 03:28 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Fuel Usage?

I was wondering if a few of you experienced Daytona racers could help me with a question I have regarding fuel usage at Daytona. Turns out that I will be racing in a 2 Hour Enduro at Daytona and I am wondering if I will be able to complete those 2 hours with two full takes of gas in my prepared 996 3.4 liter?

All of the racing I have done at Daytona was at RRIII so the sprints did not give me any information on how far I could go on one take of gas. I am also wondering how my fuel consumption compares to other tracks. Your input will greatly help!
Old 08-26-2008, 04:12 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I get a 25-30 minute session from just over a quarter tank. 2 full tanks should be PLENTY. Have you ever calculated your fuel mileage? If so, then it's very easy to figure out just how much gas to put in.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Bryan Watts
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would expect the % of lap that you are at full throttle to be pretty high at Daytona, and thus, for you to use a lot more fuel than at other tracks. Fuel mileage can vary pretty significantly from track to track, but it's linked pretty closely to percentage of lap at full throttle if you have that sort of information from data acquisition.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:12 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BluemaxxRacing
I was wondering if a few of you experienced Daytona racers could help me with a question I have regarding fuel usage at Daytona. Turns out that I will be racing in a 2 Hour Enduro at Daytona and I am wondering if I will be able to complete those 2 hours with two full takes of gas in my prepared 996 3.4 liter?

All of the racing I have done at Daytona was at RRIII so the sprints did not give me any information on how far I could go on one take of gas. I am also wondering how my fuel consumption compares to other tracks. Your input will greatly help!
My 3.6L X51 996 was running on fumes when we pitted at around 55 minutes two years ago. We were in a pretty heated battle with DrJupeman much of that time so we were pushing pretty hard. You should be close to making it with your 3.4.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:25 PM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 72 Posts

About an hour and 10, to a hour 15 in a 997 cup. 22 gallons
Old 08-27-2008, 04:58 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Rich-

You should be able to make it. If you have to go to the scales afterwards, you should consider that in your prep as well....

Quick Reply: Daytona Fuel Usage?