Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spec 944?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 01:25 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Club winner is available in CA (POC) for $14.5k. Great car setup well. I'm sure it's on the POC forum.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:43 AM
FlyingDog
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are usually a few 944 spec and/ 944 cup cars for sale on NASAForums. A 944Spec car can run in 944Cup (and can win even in Mid-Atlantic where 44Cup is strongest). 944Cup cars generally cannot run in 944Spec. If I was you, I would look for a car that would be competitive in Spec/Cup/Supercup and GTS. That way you can possibly run in 2 run groups at one event or rent to a second driver for the second run group to defray your costs.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:17 AM
95m3racer
Pro

944 Spec Cup cars can run in the new Driving Impressions Pro It series. Its a great new series that is attracting a lot of attention by many clubs. They are big in the NorthEast right now, and look like they'll be growing to other regions soon!

http://njrrs.com/proit.html
Old 08-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by smlporsche
Greg-

Are you going to the Potomac event @ VIR in Sept?

We can run together if you want to see what a 944 SuperCup car is capable of ( Assuming a decent driver HA!).
My car is built to SuperCup specs but just needs a second door bar and net.
I'm instructing in Black if you want to go for a ride (and its allowed...) look me up (#81) Who knows I may be ready to sell mine when you want to buy one

Eddie:

Thanks for the offer. The only way we will "run together" is if I'm in your passenger seat! Otherwise, I will be shrinking in your rear view mirror.

I am not going to VIR with PCA. I will be going to the Audi Club event at VIR in mid-November. I hope to see you at an event in the future, and you can certainly keep me in mind when you're ready to sell.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Drewsifer
Racer

Sorry, I didn't mean to spark up an old debate. I did briefly look into 944 Cup, but I think Spec 944 is more what I want. I'm looking for a very budget minded, simple to run series. My dad raced SCCA for years, so I well know that simple and budget are relative terms. Spec 944 just seems a little easier on the wallet (if you want it to be anyways) and a little easier because it takes a lot of the guess work out of the car. So this is which is better, this is which more suits my needs! Thanks for all the great advice and links.

Quick Reply: Spec 944?