Sponsored by:

Club Racing Patch Required?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:11 AM
YZ250
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Club Racing Patch Required?

This question has got to have been answered many times before, but my searches came up empty.

The "PCA Club Racing Decals and Patch" form allows you to order the club racing decal and a club racing patch. The rules clearly state that two club racing decals are required on the car, but they do not mention a patch at all, so it would seem the patch is not required. Is the club racing patch actually required? If not, are they generally used? If they are used, where do people put them (I would guess where the SCCA rules require it)?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:53 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Well, all the race techs tell us "if the rule book does not specifically state that you can do it, then you can't."

To answer your question I know lots of drivers you don't have the patches on their Nomex.

(Of course their Nomex hasn't been cleaned in so long, the threads may have rotted and the patch fallen off.)
Old 08-13-2008, 01:14 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both of my sanctioning bodies require the patches on your suit. I don't have either sewn on, cause I have no Nomex thread. Sometimes the ladies at the merch booth will do it for you... but I've seen tons of pics including some recent Pro series winners who have new suits with no patches on the podium, and they clearly didn't take the trophy away! Not like they check ever. Heck most of the time they don't barely even tech the car before giving it a sticker, so I doubt they care about the patches on the suit, just that it meets proper standards.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:21 AM
garrett376
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 437 Posts

Just as the PCA book says - only the stickers on the car are required.

Quick Reply: Club Racing Patch Required?