Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NHMS - 8/15-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Brian A.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is classic!! Guess Ron wasn't fast enough that time.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:19 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well.. I'd rather drive it off the back of the trailer than into a tire wall. In the end there was no real damage, a cracked cam oil line feed was the only casualty.

Now as for you, Doug, seeing as how you just couldn't resist having a bit of fun at my expense in a public internet forum, I'm pleased you've satisfied you National Enquirer streak. Nevertheless, I find it truly sad that you dont seem to understand what you actually captured in pixels. There were half a dozen people that came straight away to help. No thought of all the crap they had to get done to get ready for the day, but rather all they thought about was that someone was in trouble. Their reaction was not to see the situation as funny, rather it was to simply help me out as we've all done for each other many, many times before. So what I see in these photos is not what you see. I see the essence of the club, someone needs a hand and others come unerringly, without question to their aid. There, of course, are always a few however that somehow seem to take great delight in misfortune of others. My advice to you is dont tempt Karma in this regard. If you keep doing this stuff sooner or later, things will go very wrong, undoubtedly far worse than this minor **** up. Just remember there will always be some guy with a camera, there will always be internet, but, depending on your previous works, there may not always be people to help bail your *** out.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:56 AM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Default public apology to Ron

ron, i hope you are having some fun with this post and you are not truly angry with me. If you are in fact upset with me than I apologize. In my business we always say, "we are only ribbing you and making fun of you because we like you." With that being said, when i arrived at the track that morning i saw that there were plenty of hands on desck there to help you and my services were not needed. I do acknowledge and thank you for lending me shelter the day before in your trailer when the lightening and rain storms came through. I think everyone just wanted to have some fun with you after the "incident" because you are such a unique individual and you add lots of character to your club. Now as far as karma goes, I was raised Catholic and my mother always said that we do not believe in karma. But I do believe what comes around goes around.

doug
Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 AM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dougdep
ron, i hope you are having some fun with this post and you are not truly angry with me. If you are in fact upset with me than I apologize. In my business we always say, "we are only ribbing you and making fun of you because we like you." With that being said, when i arrived at the track that morning i saw that there were plenty of hands on desck there to help you and my services were not needed. I do acknowledge and thank you for lending me shelter the day before in your trailer when the lightening and rain storms came through. I think everyone just wanted to have some fun with you after the "incident" because you are such a unique individual and you add lots of character to your club. Now as far as karma goes, I was raised Catholic and my mother always said that we do not believe in karma. But I do believe what comes around goes around.

doug
Well, no one likes being reminded that they are a complete idiot. Not that thats ever far from my frontal lobes, so no, I'm not angry, just slightly ticked as proper protocol would have been to PM me first. I would have given you the okay straight out. Then we could have laughed together about it, rather than me receiving a flood of emails containing "WTF happened to your trailer?" As Noel inferred when he said that I mentioned this to him, actually to the entire NER AX committee of which I am chair, I'm pretty straight up about my mistakes. I've avoided some disasters having witnessed those of others and I figure, its instructive. As proof of this openness, I give you this video of Lightning. Its the only vid I put up on NJMP and the only rather large mistake I made in the 5 sessions I managed to get in.

Being raised Unitarian, I can deal with all forms of the spiritual. In your case, one or two hail Marys ought to do the trick
Old 08-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only 1 more day!!!!!!! Now if only my car will be done, but that is a whole different story.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 989 Likes on 593 Posts

Nice vid Ron. I'm not sure the commentary will make complete sense to people that don't know you, but I liked it.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:49 AM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Does this mean i am "persona non gratis" with any and all future NER events??
Old 08-14-2008, 12:10 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Have you done your HMs? Even if you haven't, you'll always be welcome AFAIC. Of course, I expect you up in Black next year and I will naturally need to test your nerve a bit, on film of course. As we're friends, you wouldnt consider, say into turn 1, a few inches off your bumper a violation of your personal space would you?
Old 08-14-2008, 01:53 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

if or when i ever move up to the black group i would most certainly enjoy your company on the track. as far as personal space and "intimidation" goes, it would take a lot more than that to put the fear of God into me! i have jumped out of airplanes at 13,000 feet, flown fighter planes pulling 5 G's, and traded GOOG since the IPO. So the only thing to fear, is fear itself.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 238 Posts

Well I'll definitely be there Jay since you're my instructor! I'm really excited.

Got pleasantly surprised today when I went to Autobahn Performance for my first tech inspection of my car and got a nice free t-shirt from them....very nice folks.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:46 PM
George S
Instructor

We will take a vote and get back to you.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:14 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George S
We will take a vote and get back to you.

hi george. r u going with the gang to new hampshire this weekend?

i finally got a chance to watch ronn's (aka tailwagger) video. very nice and creative. maybe i could hire him to be my photo editor!
Old 08-14-2008, 04:59 PM
George S
Instructor

hi george. r u going with the gang to new hampshire this weekend?
Sadly no...I'm in a personal recession. No track for me this year. I'm living vicariously thru RJays in car vids.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if or when i ever move up to the black group i would most certainly enjoy your company on the track. as far as personal space and "intimidation" goes, it would take a lot more than that to put the fear of God into me! i have jumped out of airplanes at 13,000 feet, flown fighter planes pulling 5 G's, and traded GOOG since the IPO. So the only thing to fear, is fear itself.
Not to mention he is used to people with a lot less skill driving 2 inches off his bumper now in NYC!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:39 PM
RJay
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
Not to mention he is used to people with a lot less skill driving 2 inches off his bumper now in NYC!
Cool, than two inches it shall be!

Quick Reply: NHMS - 8/15-17