Sponsored by:

Registration Open for Summit Point Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 11:51 PM
paulamico
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Registration Open for Summit Point Race

The Summit Point Club Race registration is now open!! Come enjoy a fun weekend with Sprint and Enduro. October 3-5 is a great time to be in the West Virginia panhandle -- temperatures should be great, as will the fall colors in this beautiful part of the country.

This is an especially great opportunity for those headed from a long way away down to Daytona for the following weekend. A stop at Summit Point will be a great warm-up and make the cost of the long haul worthwhile. For those heading down from the Northeast, Midwest, and Canada it isn't even a detour, with the track only 20 minutes from Winchester, VA, which is right on I-81. If you're coming from further West, stopping at The Point is the best way to add value to your trip. We really expect to have a great event this year with lots of goodies. You won't want to miss this!!

Hope to see you there.

--Paul
Old 08-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 158 Posts

Thanks for the heads-up Paul. I'm going down next week as I was told they were going to do a re-pave of the bad areas for a (SCCA - MARRS 7 will be held at Summit Point Aug 30-Sept 1.) race coming up. If the track hasn't been repaired I won't be racing there, nor will a lot of other people I know. I have high hopes as I REALLY like the layout.

Last edited by Gary R.; 08-08-2008 at 10:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

+1
Old 08-10-2008, 07:58 PM
David K.
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What’s the status of the track surface? I hear it’s in very bad shape; will it be resurfaced before the race?
Old 08-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by David K.
What’s the status of the track surface? I hear it’s in very bad shape; will it be resurfaced before the race?
I'll (as will Sean) report back on Friday afternoon. I think I can speak for both of us in saying if it isn't in good shape for the DE this coming weekend it will be the last we will see of Summit Point for quite some time. NASA has a race at Watkins Glen the same time in October, guess where we will be?

Quick Reply: Registration Open for Summit Point Race