Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech and open lift day for the wash DC Renlisters.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:10 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tech and open lift day for the wash DC Renlisters.

Renlisters Put a face to the name in the northern virginia area.

Open invitation to this Sundays Potomac Tech inspection and open lift day.
This Sunday 8/10/08 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Porsche of Tysons corner (HBL) and PCA Potomac invite you to come and get you car inspected for the upcoming Drivers Education event. All are welcome to attend. You do not need to be registered for the Driving event to come on over and enjoy some food and fun with fellow car enthusiasts. In the morning. we will be serving a continental breakfast along with coffee and orange juice. There will be plenty of water and beverages all day. For lunch we will have Subway subs, chips and killer good if not good for you cookies. (Sadly they are not on par with Rennlist's own Food Angel's cookies but nothing is and she was not available for this event) There is a rumor that there will be door prizes too. Porsche of Tysons corner has 30 air conditioned individually accessed service bays available for inspections and for maintenance and repair jobs. Why spend an afternoon on your back changing your oil and then spilling it in your trunk while driving it to the recycling center? Bring your oil and filters on Sunday and change it on a lift in our cool clean shop. Need to flush the brakes now that the track season is more than 6 months in? Brake flush and pad work is a lot easer on a lift and so is changing the transmission fluid. Trained Porsche mechanics will be on hand to guide you while you work on your car and lend a hand if needed. Please bring you own tools and materials and we will take care of recycling the old fluids. We have portable heated solution parts washers that make cleaning parts a breeze.

HBL also has a previously owned exotics department and high performance cars of many makes will be on display in the parking area in Sunday.

Location 8598B Leesburg Pike Vienna VA 22182

9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. All are invited. (even Rennlisters )

The Porsche Service Center is directly behind the Porsche of Tysons Corner showroom on Tyco road. The Service Center is long gray building with silver and glass bay doors. Drive around to the back of the building. There is plenty of parking.

Questions? Please call Kurt Mickelwait, HBL Facilities Manager @ (571) 233-3421

Who's in?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Kurt R
Hates Family Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Too far for that weekend - but that's only a mile and a half from the hotel I'll be staying at later this month.
Save some cookies?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

I may come by...

Mike
Old 08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be at the VIR Club Race, dammit!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:12 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by APKhaos
I'll be at the VIR Club Race, dammit!
That Sir is as fine an excuse as can be made and has earned you a shop pass for the weekend. Drive well and come back with your shield.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:51 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

So Kurt, the tech inspection isn't at Intersport? Are you going to open up the parts room this time? ;-)

Either way, I'll be there... May even bring the kiddie.

Tony, good luck at the club race. Remember, if you're not doing 140 exiting the S's, you're a wuss. ;-)
Old 08-07-2008, 09:20 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Intersport and HBL swapped due to the VIR race and I guess the Potomac tech folks did not update something. Where did you see Intersport so I can get it changed? I might have to put a sign on the door over at Intersport pointing the lost ones this way.

Still no parts department open. Problem is not parts but the cashier and I can't talk Parts into skipping the cashier part and giving out free parts for the day for some reason. I have the keys to the parts department and it is heavenly in there but I also have 2 kids to feed which is hard to do with no job and in jail.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:19 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Can't remember where I saw Intersport listed, but it was on one of the DE pages or the calendar. It was a week or so ago so you've probably changed it already.

Can we at least fondle the parts, even if we can't buy? ;-)
Old 08-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Kurt,

I doubt we'll have time to install coilovers this weekend unless I have a bunch of help. I may drop by for an oil change tho.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be there! Time for an oil change and brake fluid flush.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:54 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

sunday weather is looking good and my buddy in the exotics department will be bringing some of the big boys out. Looks like you need to get a bigger tire for the right side. The one you have does not reach the ground.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kurt M
sunday weather is looking good and my buddy in the exotics department will be bringing some of the big boys out. Looks like you need to get a bigger tire for the right side. The one you have does not reach the ground.
I bet if we try REALLY hard, we can get the inside tires on some of those exotics to lift too!!

Quick Reply: Tech and open lift day for the wash DC Renlisters.