Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 02:46 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gbaker
Foreign or domestic?
Not the place for coy. It is a real question. Trust me, no agenda on my part. How about any and all that you got and for all systems too?
Old 07-24-2008, 02:23 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, Kurt. That's just a hanging curve ball.

Let's not go there.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:28 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gbaker
Sorry, Kurt. That's just a hanging curve ball.

Let's not go there.
Your post that insinuates that you have pertinent information of real world HANS device failures is the curveball not the data. "Not going there" was broached with your vaporous post. You could have just said there is data and where to find it or that it is not yours to publish and say who does have it or just say nothing at all. Instead you chose to word a post so as to lead reasonable people to think there has been more than one HANS/ belt failure that resulted in injury. I have to say that this is disappointing. I looked forward to your posts in the past but no longer. Your agenda is showing.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:12 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Are you not aware that drivers have suffered head and neck injuries in side impacts while using a HANS device?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:01 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Foreign or domestic?

Rhetorical question BTW. Horse looks dead from this angle.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:11 AM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

LOL.

Look Kurt, you are either completely unaware of HANS injuries (in which case I owe you an apology), or you want people to believe there are no such injuries.

Which is it?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:54 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Apparently unlike your "I know something bad about a competing product to mine but won't say what it is" answers I don't "want people to believe" anything. I was looking for real information not just the antidotal evidence that can be gleaned from the internet. I like to look behind the green curtain and see what makes things work or to question why something is as it is. What was the genesis of a rule or convention? Not to tear it down but to understand the reasons behind them and to be able to follow the intent as much as the imprint. That is where true improvement or skilled use comes from, understanding the form, function and history of a system.

"You need a roll bar built to XX using XX" is a rule. Researching what makes a good roll bar system in my car is drilling down to do more than follow the rule.

To me clear, no more info needed "HANS related injury" is when you drop it on your foot. Getting hurt in a wreck while wearing a HANS needs detail before it could be attributed to the device. What was the injury? Was it one that would have been expected to be protected from? A death after a 150G double hit in a fully obliterated sedan white wearing a H&N would hardly count as a HANS related death by itself. What happened that was not expected? what would prevent it from happening again? A simple 40G that resulted in a BSF would need to be looked into very carefully and even more so.

You piped up all on your own and then failed to deliver. That is my gripe. I am not looking to bat cotton ***** of innuendo around.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:40 PM
gbaker
Three Wheelin'

Everyone have a safe weekend.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:52 PM
Greg Smith
Three Wheelin'

More typical gbaker posts...

Kurt, I agree with you 100%.

Quick Reply: HANS belts or regular belts?