Sponsored by:

Indy Cat Fight

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman

Yeah, but would you really want to have to deal with her dad? I'd feel sorry for the unfortunate person that he goes ballistic on.
I'd just kick him in his leg
Old 07-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
I disagree. Most racers prefer that the other driver come talk to them rather than run to the officials with a gripe. Going to the officials and bypassing the discussion with the other driver is a sure fire way to lose the respect of pretty much every other driver out there (excluding Milka as evidenced by her response).
I disagree too...err I mean I agree with Mark. When you have an issue with someone you approach them first. If that meeting proves unsatisfactory, then you go to the officials.

Would you like it if every time that you rubbed someone the wrong way the first thing that they did was to have an official (Police or Lawyer) confront you?
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:59 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I disagree. Most racers prefer that the other driver come talk to them rather than run to the officials with a gripe. Going to the officials and bypassing the discussion with the other driver is a sure fire way to lose the respect of pretty much every other driver out there (excluding Milka as evidenced by her response).
I agree completely. Most driver issues are solved just the way Danica was trying to. The difference is most racers don't have cameras following them around to record it. It sure didn’t look like a big deal to me.

Second, what's the BS about racers not needing to make room for faster cars in practice? If you're a back marker holding up traffic during precious practice time you're going to have someone in your face in the paddock.

Finally, I know it’s all in fun but if you wonder why Danica has the attitude she does just look at this thread and imagine what she’s had to put up with to get to where she is.

And I'm not even a fan of her's!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Jim, I don't blame Danica at all. I was just disappointed that she backed down as soon as she saw that Milka wasn't going to roll over. The least that she could have done was to call Milka a "slow-assed, no talent bitch" when the rag was thrown.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

I'd like to agree with you (truly), but how far did she get? What did she honestly expect?
"You're right Danica- I'm a douchebag for holding you up and shouldn't be on the track with you and the other guys- I'll leave quietly now."

It seems to get too subjective and personal. Anyway I guess no harm in trying but rather than persisting, Danica should have read the early signs (er, towel in the face is hard to take as a positive) turned and walked away.

Objectively, drivers who are dangerously slow should not be permitted on the track, but thats not really her call.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 820 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Herman
I just lost all respect for Danica. If she were a man, as soon as Milka tossed that rag into her face she should have have jumped the pit wall and pounded her. Taking the rag twice and then pleading that she just wants to talk to her? Puhlease!
TRUTH
Old 07-23-2008, 05:17 AM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by early_grayce
Did you watch the video? Danica was repeatedly being blocked by someone who can't find the right line. Milka truly doesn't belong there and clearly has some envy that Danica is a better driver and getting way more attention than her.

sechsgang: ego, atttitude and narcissism is rampant in racing. She's not even close to taking the cake in terms of having an opinion and/or arguing.

I think she's a decent driver, and being ranked 6th in the IndyCar standings is pretty decent, don't you think?
To me it's simple. Milka had no class on track, Danica seemed to call her out on it and Milka acted like an idiot. If Danica had no point, Milka could would have had something to say instead of a towel. It's like in a DE with required point bys and some idiot holds everyone up. You go to kindly talk to them and instead of going "oops, sorry," they argue or just ignore you. ( I realize these are racing drivers, but this is qualifying and Milka's pace was ridiculous)
Old 07-23-2008, 11:50 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I'd hit either one of them

Danica held up the second half of the field most of the race. Man can that girl drive wide.

Milka passed one car.
When she did the crowd where I was sitting went wild. It may be her car, but she was a menace the whole race from my perspective.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:06 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,184 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Milka will not be racing in Edmonton.

Danica Patrick won't have Milka Duno to kick around this weekend. Or, put another way, Duno won't have a chance to give Patrick another pit-side towel face wash.

Duno, who shares a ride with Townsend Bell in the No. 23 car for Dreyer and Reinbold Racing, won't be competing Saturday at the inaugural Rexall Edmonton Indy. Bell will compete alongside teammate Buddy Rice.

Patrick, known for her fiery temper and on-track confrontations with drivers, generated more headlines and web-video hits this week for challenging Duno in Duno's pit during practice prior to Sunday's race at Mid-Ohio.

In an impromptu video shot by a Duno friend, Patrick is seen striding over to the 36-year-old Venezuelan and berating her for driving too slowly and blocking her. Duno would have none of it and the two are seen trading off-color hot-tempered insults as Duno twice whips a towel at the 26-year-old American.

Duno has since said the story is over and wants to focus on being a positive role model.

Patrick has suggested the incident was blown out of proportion because of her popularity. She has one win in the IndyCar series but has become its marketing darling thanks to racy commercials and cheesecake swimsuit photo shoots.

The incident has race-watchers wondering what happens when Patrick meets up this weekend with Toronto driver Paul Tracy, who is driving in a one-race deal in Edmonton and is known for a quicksilver temper and aggressive driving style.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

The incident has race-watchers wondering what happens when Patrick meets up this weekend with Toronto driver Paul Tracy, who is driving in a one-race deal in Edmonton and is known for a quicksilver temper and aggressive driving style.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:15 AM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My issue with Danika is, if she want's to compete on an equal level to men, and thus be considered equal, she can't hide behind the idea of being a poor woman.

I know I'll get flamed for this but come on! If she was a guy and spouted that type of verbal vomit, she'd get beat down. The only reason she gets away with this crap is because she hasn't been beaten down. I'm in no way advocating violence against a woman, but you can't have it both ways.

She screams in peoples faces and you have no recourse. If you even bump into her or get in her face your labeled as an evil woman hating caveman. I'd just love to see one guy get right in her grill and tell her to shut her trap before somebody does it for her. That's exactly what would happen to a dude if he did that in the pits to another male driver. That's equality.

That'd be must watch TV.

(see what happened to Rick Mahorn when he interveened in that WNBA brawl)
Old 07-24-2008, 01:30 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trackjunky
My issue with Danika is, if she want's to compete on an equal level to men, and thus be considered equal, she can't hide behind the idea of being a poor woman.

I know I'll get flamed for this but come on! If she was a guy and spouted that type of verbal vomit, she'd get beat down. The only reason she gets away with this crap is because she hasn't been beaten down. I'm in no way advocating violence against a woman, but you can't have it both ways.

She screams in peoples faces and you have no recourse. If you even bump into her or get in her face your labeled as an evil woman hating caveman. I'd just love to see one guy get right in her grill and tell her to shut her trap before somebody does it for her. That's exactly what would happen to a dude if he did that in the pits to another male driver. That's equality.

That'd be must watch TV.

(see what happened to Rick Mahorn when he interveened in that WNBA brawl)
+20
Patrick was out of line , if Milka had held her up as she claims , the officials should be the ones to penalize Duno, if her driving is dangerous then protest her **** and have the officials deal with it.
This is professional racing dangerous and deadly not a romper room party.
Danika Patrick has thrown her way around as if she owns the joint . i wonder how she would react if one of the front runners came to her and told her she was holding them up and to move her **** out of the way....
Milka's personality is not like that , Patrick positively rubbed her the wrong way this is more than just Milka's driving , it is BS that Danika Patrick is allowed to have her cake and eat it at the same time .....
Old 07-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

How pathetic has American open wheel racing become? It is so weak that the only interesting thing to talk about is a couple of women getting into an argument...
Old 07-24-2008, 01:04 PM
smankow
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if Danica's approach was so bad, where are the negative comments from the other IRL drivers. Maybe they're quietly thanking her for making the comments.

I watched some of the IRL race in Nashville. One of the drivers whose car was damaged in a crash commented about needing to pick up the pace or be black flagged for not keeping pace. I guess that rule doesn't apply to Milka.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:17 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading (almost) all these post and after serious consideration, I'll have to agree with John H.
I'd hit either one of them too!

Quick Reply: Indy Cat Fight