Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3/GT3Cup Vector Artwork for Adobe Illustrator? Anybody have a template?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008 | 10:13 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Default GT3/GT3Cup Vector Artwork for Adobe Illustrator? Anybody have a template?

Title says it all. Looking for a blank vector artwork template for use in Adobe Illustrator. Have a good friend who is graphic designer and is going to help me with creating graphics for the car.

Many thanks in advance!
Old 07-20-2008 | 10:38 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Dell, you are highly unlikely to get these from anyone, as most graphics people consider these intellectual property (and no one else wants to spend ~10 hours drawing one).
Old 07-20-2008 | 10:43 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Colin, thanks for the info. I honestly have NO IDEA what is involved with this process as my good friend offered to help out with the graphics but asked if I knew anybody in the Porsche circles that would be able to help with the template. I just assumed that a blank template was something that could be obtained but that the actual artwork would be intellectual property. My intention was never to try and get somebody's hard work without proper given proper credit.
Old 07-20-2008 | 10:46 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LVDell
Colin, thanks for the info. I honestly have NO IDEA what is involved with this process as my good friend offered to help out with the graphics but asked if I knew anybody in the Porsche circles that would be able to help with the template. I just assumed that a blank template was something that could be obtained but that the actual artwork would be intellectual property. My intention was never to try and get somebody's hard work without proper given proper credit.
Dell, totally understand, as I Jupe & I asked the same question when we did the graphics on our car. It takes around 10 hours to draw a good template. What you can do instead is take a high res side shot, and have the designer lay the graphic vectors right over top in illustrator.
Old 07-20-2008 | 10:53 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

There are CDs that are available that have vector graphics, but I have never invested in one ($200+/-) as I do not believe they cover Porsche models, particularly the older ones that I am often working on.
Old 07-20-2008 | 01:26 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Thanks guys. I just talked to my buddy about your comments and he said the same thing. He told me to take high res photos of side shots, front, rear, and top, and he'll be able to put something together.

He doesn't mind putting a template together but figured he see if anybody wanted to share one with me before he invested the time to create it as well. He said we would gladly give me the template if I wanted to share it with anybody here when he is done. However, he said it takes nowhere near 10 hours to do a good job creating the template. Maybe for a template that would be packaged up for sale or the such. Don't shoot the messenger as I have no technical skilz in the computer world and have no idea what the heck a vector is

Thanks guys for the input!
Old 07-20-2008 | 01:48 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Dell-

I have a team of 14 Adobe Illustrator experts that work for me. They could put this together for you given some time. This is our busy season, but in a few weeks it coud be done. I don't know the ability of your guy and your time frame, but its an option.
Old 07-20-2008 | 01:49 PM
FLA997
Drifting

FYI- I had them vector the car in my avatar for the vinyl wrap its going to get in a few weeks.
Old 07-20-2008 | 02:57 PM
CSquared2k
Instructor

Here is a blueprint that I used to create a 3d version. You can find most of these raster types at:

http://www.smcars.net/forums/porsche...e-911-gt3.html
Attached Images  
Old 07-20-2008 | 03:15 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

AC.....That is one SWEET set of graphics on the 993. Mine is going to be VERY TAME compared to that.

CS...thanks for the lead. I'll definitely look into that.

Quick Reply: GT3/GT3Cup Vector Artwork for Adobe Illustrator? Anybody have a template?