VR- trend on.....
Here she is:

Old 07-15-2008, 11:00 PM
MTosi
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MTosi
This is our Ferrari friend who started all this:
hence the caption... I went out of my way to find that for you VR...
Old 07-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Eminently shagadelic.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:21 PM
67FJ45
Pro

Is this thread about racing or DE? I can see it either way, but I defer to the experts. It feels like there's a passing signal in virtually every picture. And I have a strange urge to tailgate a Ferrari. Is that normal?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:23 PM
BHunt 72T
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I hate to go back to this, since the pictures in this thread are terrific, but I found the end of the other thread slightly hard to follow...

The famous "Mindy not Mark" poster/ranter...was actually driving the red 993 that wouldn't let the little 924 by in the Watkins Glen video? Is that correct?

A simple "yes or no" will do and we (I) can go back to looking at the important pit girl pics. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

That was certainly what was strongly implied.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:58 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BHunt 72T
The famous "Mindy not Mark" poster/ranter...was actually driving the red 993 that wouldn't let the little 924 by in the Watkins Glen video? Is that correct?
I believe that is correct. Whoever was driving that car in white just was not checking mirrors as i followed it around for a lap and a half myself. A friend of mine in a GT3 was also held up and after the session went to talk to the driver but he said she got very defensive and would not listen to reason.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

If the slower car is not looking in his/her mirrors then flashing of any kind won't be noticed.

I have honked before. That didn't work either.

Situational awareness is not just required for the faster cars/drivers
Old 07-16-2008, 12:27 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
I believe that is correct. Whoever was driving that car in white just was not checking mirrors as i followed it around for a lap and a half myself. A friend of mine in a GT3 was also held up and after the session went to talk to the driver but he said she got very defensive and would not listen to reason.
The driver, in that video, was Mindy - not Marc. Same one that posted the shot at the group of Rennlisters that parked/cooked out/ran together.... we all sucked apparently!

"Since we now pass w/o signals and drive in packs of dining parties, we wish for hotties, pit girls, and more, thanx Bob, "**** in the pits", the white driving group has become quite the little party place. As long as you are Dr. Pain, V-, etc. I say -- send 'em all into black where the drovers will be less patient with their, lets just say "imprecise" lines and selfish expectations from others on the track."

Vito, referred to as V- above, got 5 pass signals in his 924 and got drag raced 5 times and was unable to make the pass. he finally passed W/O a signal and got reamed by her in the pit, including the good ol "I'll get you thrown out" tossed in. I applaud him for staying cool throughout the encounter.

Now I leave/unsubscribe this thread as the latest pictures will most likely get someone banned for a little while..
Old 07-16-2008, 12:44 PM
MTosi
User

Originally Posted by Gary R.
The driver, in that video, was Mindy - not Marc. Same one that posted the shot at the group of Rennlisters that parked/cooked out/ran together.... we all sucked apparently!

"Since we now pass w/o signals and drive in packs of dining parties, we wish for hotties, pit girls, and more, thanx Bob, "**** in the pits", the white driving group has become quite the little party place. As long as you are Dr. Pain, V-, etc. I say -- send 'em all into black where the drovers will be less patient with their, lets just say "imprecise" lines and selfish expectations from others on the track."

Vito, referred to as V- above, got 5 pass signals in his 924 and got drag raced 5 times and was unable to make the pass. he finally passed W/O a signal and got reamed by her in the pit, including the good ol "I'll get you thrown out" tossed in. I applaud him for staying cool throughout the encounter.

Now I leave/unsubscribe this thread as the latest pictures will most likely get someone banned for a little while..
Thanks for the warning Gary
Old 07-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.

Those signals must have happened the lap before?

I didn't see any.

I could be wrong.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Those signals must have happened the lap before?
I didn't see any.
I could be wrong.
Have to ask him Streak, maybe after you finally got by?
Old 07-16-2008, 02:13 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahem...

- Regarding the initial reason for the previous now-locked thread; I believe in my heart that it was likely an attempt at sattire, facitious humor, and a little self depricating to boot, given the "reputation" of the poster. I don't know Paolo that well (yet), but my sense is he struggles a bit with communication. This may be in part to English and America being his second language and home. Anyone who has known a number of people who have emigrated will know someone who struggles with translation of thought and feeling into the newer idiom. It can be a life-long test. Just a thought...

After the intial failure was apparent, it might be helpful for all inclined to abuse to keep the aforementioned in mind, and then to go back and read the "Sorcerer's Apprentice." This might bring some perspective on the efficacy of trying to correct something only to dig oneself deeper. A lot of people felt deceived. I think they may have simply been missing the context of personal insight.

- Regarding the Pit Tootsies; couldn't you just supply the URLs for these websites and save the bandwidth?

- Regarding the Mork & Windy portion of the thread; How utterly delectable. Someone who portrays such Glass Etiquette should not so sanctimoniously throw Stone Invective, eh? Thanks to Streak for perspective. Crow, cooked to order.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:25 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RedlineMan
Ahem...

- . I don't know Paolo that well (yet), but my sense is he struggles a bit with communication. This may be in part to English and America being his second language and home. Anyone who has known a number of people who have emigrated will know someone who struggles with translation of thought and feeling into the newer idiom. It can be a life-long test. Just a thought...

-
Italians tend to speak a lot with their hands so he is obviously handicapped in a forum such as this

Quick Reply: A pass without a signal......part 2