Sponsored by:

Towing (anybody know?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 03:45 AM
Noel
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Colm
Thanks to all for all the help, I am close to a solution. Tommy trailer, 9' ramps, race ramps and no rubbing on an RS (or other cars).

All I have to do is figure out the dimensions for the tire rack. I am hoping I can get an adjustable rack to accommodate various size tires e.g Mini to RS.

Any ideas, suggestions or insights ; or does this need a separate topic?
I posted this question about a year ago and many people posted some great photos of their tire racks, which was very helpful. I'm sure you can find it with a search under my name. Good luck.
Old 07-06-2008, 03:47 AM
Noel
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lowside67
I did this once too... now the truck gets backed up on ramps
Just curious if you guys use the jacks at the back of your trailer when loading and unloading? I don't see how this can happen when you use those jacks. These were standard on my ATC/Motic trailer, perhaps that is not the case with other trailers.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:35 AM
Johninrsf
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The front spoiler lip on my race car is about 2" from the ground.
I use these ramps for the rear wheels of my Suburban.
http://www.horse.com/Farm-Ranch-Supp...Aid-BRE64.html
I also had ramps built that are the same length as the height of the trailer door BUT I put two 4x4 blocks of wood under the trailer door at the end where the ramps are attached.
The combination of the trailer aid ramps for the rear tires of your tow vehicle + using 4X4 blocks under the trailer door will create a very slight incline --don't know the numbers, but I can guarantee your RS will fit just fine.

Quick Reply: Towing (anybody know?)