Sponsored by:

Video footage from NNJR's Pocono II

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Video footage from NNJR's Pocono II

Here's some of my track footage from Saturday at Pocono - the day we were running the full course.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE4qGsgRTCw

Edit: sorry, no accidents...
Old 06-30-2008, 03:54 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

A couple comments, with noting that it is tough to see apexes with this camera view.

1) Trail brake into 1. A lot.
2) Get back on the gas in 1 a lot sooner.
3) Get much tighter to the apex in 1, aim for the wall, basically.
4) Track out more in 4(? left before hairpin onto back straight)
5) Get back on the gas much sooner and harder into the 2nd infield, hold it through the right hand turns, then hard brake, left, and back much harder on the gas.
6) You don't apex the tunnel turn on the back straight, why not? Might as well, make the track shorter when you can...

Generally, from this camera angle, it seems that you are off apexes by feet in many (most?) turns.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:07 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks for posting! I'm in the green group so no cameras allowed. Great to see how the track looks w/o sweaty palms!!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
A couple comments, with noting that it is tough to see apexes with this camera view.

1) Trail brake into 1. A lot.
2) Get back on the gas in 1 a lot sooner.
3) Get much tighter to the apex in 1, aim for the wall, basically.
4) Track out more in 4(? left before hairpin onto back straight)
5) Get back on the gas much sooner and harder into the 2nd infield, hold it through the right hand turns, then hard brake, left, and back much harder on the gas.
6) You don't apex the tunnel turn on the back straight, why not? Might as well, make the track shorter when you can...

Generally, from this camera angle, it seems that you are off apexes by feet in many (most?) turns.
Thanks for the comments. I'm trying to teach myself to trailbrake more - it's challenging!

I was taking #1 as a decreasing radius turn (to avoid a pretty bumpy patch) and bringing it tight at the 2nd apex.

Next time I'm there, I'll try tracking out more in #4 - I was trying to minimize the sharp angle of turning back onto the NASCAR track for the tunnel turn. Yes, I wasn't driving all the way down to the apex of the tunnel turn - I felt like I had to "overly force" the car to go that low - so in the interest of balance, I only went about 2/3s down.

You guys gave me some crap about being close to apexes from my Glen video. I was paying attention to it, and getting quite close. I'm not going to say the tire was half off the pavement, but most of the time I was within a foot of the apex. My camera is offset to the right side of the car (maybe 18" off center), so that may be a factor.

Quick Reply: Video footage from NNJR's Pocono II