Kudos to ProFormance

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 06:00 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Kudos to ProFormance

Yesterday I had my very first day driving the Pacific Raceway in the Seattle area with the ProFormance racing school organization. My buddy Jeff arranged for me to attend the open lapping day, he had to vouch for my driving experience, as for that day you had to be an advanced student who had driven this track before and I had not.
At any rate, I really want to give kudos to Don Kitch and his organization. This was probably the best organized event I have ever attended. The instructors were really knowledgeable and everyone could not do enough for you. My battery went dead and Don literally arranged to have a new battery brought down to the track!!!, not to mention one of the instructors that literally dove in to help me when the kill switch on my track car played havoc on me and my car was dead...

We got a TON of track time, so much that I even contemplated to sit out of the last session! After $160 bucks worth of Synoco's finest, it was getting damn expensive all that track time! But boy did I have a blast! I usually dont like to do DE's as you rarely these days have a chance to have a couple of clear laps. This was well organized and managed.
The track is very cool, surprisingly fast for its length ( I was doing a buck40 at turn 1) and with interesting elevation changes/turns. Certainly a good track to get a nice rhythm going and keep busy getting better every lap. The other drivers ( most of them anyway) were courteous and were paying attention to their mirrors. What is interesting ( and sad at the same time) is that all the "ego's" were driving P cars.. I guess a few of them driving TT's on R compounds could not really comprehend how a lowly 993 can be faster than them... I had to give em a flash a few times to let me by! Funny enough one of the drivers approached me at one of the session breaks and asked If I wanted to pass! I said "well if you did not see me in your mirrors before and now I'm there it means that I'm a wee bit faster than you and you got to let me pass" . Next session I got the right of way immediately

At any rate, the point of this thread is to pay kudos to the school and the people. They are truly a first class organization and I think that if someone is thinking of attending their school, it will for sure be money well spend.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:56 PM
jgrant
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool... and thanks again for letting me borrow your trailer Danny.

And if you think their open lapping days are good, you should try their competition licensing classes. I did the 2-day last year, and it was phenominal.

And for those of you that aren't familiar with Don Kitch, he is the principal (and lead driver) for Team Seattle, the team that runs the 24 hrs of Daytona every year for the Seattle Children's Hospital.

http://www.teamseattle.com/

They just got back from Le Mans, and have talked to the ACO, and are going to be running Team Seattle at Le Mans next year.

An all round class act, and I can't speak highly enough about them either.

$0.02

...jeff

Quick Reply: Kudos to ProFormance