Old 06-19-2008 | 08:59 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

I don't have it in my car yet.
Old 06-19-2008 | 09:00 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjb
+1. I copied it and sent to all my liberal friends our here in SF. Some of them actually thought it was funny...rare for the libs out here.
EXCELLENT!

Paolo, it is VERY useful, but you can still benefit loads without it. I have found ways around it that teach the driver to mentally record ~2/3 of the data anyway.
Old 06-19-2008 | 10:01 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George3
Everyone is different, everyone’s goals are different, time constraints, etc., etc. I can only speak for myself that I’ve used a pro racing coach all of this season beginning in March at VIR Zone 2. Last August I started as a Green run group student and now I’m in Black… And, still using a coach. Plus, if you stay with one guy, he’ll know your strengths and weaknesses and how you’re improving.

It’s not all about the seconds right now. It’s about driving style, smoothness, technique and not learning the bad habits, which will have to be unlearned quick later on when you’re really fast. Forget the fancy wheels and bling… save the money… get the coach and plenty of seat time to reinforce what you’ve learned. My car is basically stock with safety equipment and Toyo’s. I’m still staying off the Hoosiers, and getting to “know” the car and what it can and can’t do. DE is not a race and there is no plastic trophy at the end. It’s all about staying safe. This is all IMHO.
Way to go George!

Great...accelerated (pun intended) learning curve. If I had more time I'd do just that. See u soon...
Old 06-19-2008 | 10:04 PM
George3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Way to go George!

Great...accelerated (pun intended) learning curve. If I had more time I'd do just that. See u soon...
.... Thanks, Bobby.

See you next weekend !!

Quick Reply: How much is a pro. coach worth?......