Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are you interested to participate in this clinic?
Yes
36.36%
Maybe
54.55%
No
0%
Tell me more
9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Coming to Houston - Car Control Clinic

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 05:47 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Coming to Houston - Car Control Clinic

The Lone Star Region PCA is working hard to set-up a Car Control Clinic program in the Houston area. This should be an exciting learning experience involving track, braking, slalom, skid-pad and classroom instruction. This clinic will give you the chance to push your car HARD and learn (or exceed) the limits of traction in a safe environment. It will ultimately make you a safer driver on the road and who knows, a better one on the track at an Autocross or Drivers Education event.

We are planning our first full day event on a Saturday in October, most likely followed by a full day of Autocross on Sunday. We are looking at several venues in the Houston area, such as the Houston Police Academy by Bush Intercontinental Airport or Gulf Greyhound Park on the Southside of town. The cost for the 2 day event has yet to be determined, but if you are interested in participating yourself or with your kid(s) (must be 16 for the Car Control Clinic and 18 for the Autocross event), please contact Joost Perquin / ccc@perquin.net.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:06 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joost, I'd probably come down for that and bring my sons if it doesn't conflict with any Lonestar, Hill Country, or Maverick region track events the same weekend. Or the clubrace/DE at Hallett too. A lot of stuff happening in October. Also assuming the price is reasonable. I probably wouldn't be as interested in the autocross though. Racing against cones doesn't do much for me...
Old 06-06-2008, 11:47 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Greg,

We'll certainly work around existing DE / Club Race schedules where possible. I don't see any LSR DE in October. HCR and MAV DE's seem to coincide on Oct. 25th. The weekend before that is the Cimarron Club Race. I guess we'll have to shoot for Oct. 4th or 11th.

Maybe we should provide some sort of discount for 1 day participants. I would encourage you to give it a try and race against the cones. Just once in your life...

Will keep you posted.

Joost
Old 06-06-2008, 11:56 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by jperquin
...I would encourage you to give it a try and race against the cones. Just once in your life...
I've actually tried it. The cones won....
Old 06-06-2008, 11:58 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
I've actually tried it. The cones won....
Did you give them a point-by?
Old 06-07-2008, 12:04 AM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by mglobe
Did you give them a point-by?
Nah, the cone gave me the point by. I have photographic proof....
Attached Images  
Old 08-15-2008, 07:49 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Registration open for the Car Control Clinic, Fri Oct. 10 - Sat. Oct. 11 + free AX Sun Oct. 11.

Friday night class room session (obligatory) at Porsche North Houston, CCC + AX at Gulf Greyhound on the Southside of H-town.

I am sure you guys will enjoy the skid pad (amongst other) exercise!

Registration is filling up quickly, so don't miss out: www.clubregistration.net, check Autocross under LSRPCA.

Joost
Old 08-15-2008, 08:17 PM
TR6
Drifting

Argggg.. That's the same weekend that I'll be in Galveston with the family. Wait a minute.... That place is only about 30 minutes from the beach house. What is the time schedule for the skid pad sessions on Saturday? (the gears in my little brain are turning already. If I brought the M Coupe down to Galveston....)

BTW, what is this part about? What is being covered Friday night?
"Friday will consist of classes held at Porsche of North Houston from 6-9pm. Please note: Friday Classes are MANDATORY. "
Old 08-15-2008, 09:27 PM
flyingpenguin
Pro

Greg,

Groups of approx. 10 participants will be rotating through the 5 or 6 exercises during Saturday. As there is no driver's meeting on Sat. all the safety stuff will be dealt with during Fri. classroom, so that mandatory bit is difficult to get around....

When are you driving down to Galveston? That Friday Oct. 10th? You'll be passing Porsche North Houston on your way in, right there on I45 & FM 1960.... Just try to make it on time. We'll keep some food warm and a couple of brewskies cold for you.

Joost

Quick Reply: Coming to Houston - Car Control Clinic