Sponsored by:

Roll Call June 28 & 29 Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 04:33 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
Christian, I'm in looking forward to seeing ya!! Will try and stay out of your way!!
TK
Too kind, please remember I am brining knife to a gun fight, and you sir have the big gun. Swing by my rig Sat PM for some hospitality.

Cheers
Old 06-24-2008, 08:01 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian20
TK
Too kind, please remember I am brining knife to a gun fight, and you sir have the big gun. Swing by my rig Sat PM for some hospitality.

Cheers
Christian, looking forward to it
Old 06-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Lou L
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

Planning on driving over Sat. and watch the DE and autocross. I'll be instructing and driving on Sunday - looking forward to getting the race car out and getting a few laps under my belt - it's been awhile since I have done more than 10 minutes on the track for various reasons. Looking forward to seeing you guys out there.

Lou Lipari
1992 968 Firehawk
PCA Nationally Certified Instructor
Old 06-25-2008, 01:17 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Christian, Terry, Rico, TK, et al -

Unfortunately (for me....), I will be MIA from the festivities. Three weekends in one month will surely push Mrs. Track Junky further over the edge. She's barely gotten over this last weekend causing her to delay the start of her summer vaca by two days.

Further, my engine is now on a stand at the mechanic having the idle control arm (item that never fails....right) replaced along with work done on two cylinders that didn't agree with the breakage of the idle arm.

I finished my first race on Sunday (1st, I shamelessly add), brought the car immediately to impound from the track and shut it off. I got released from impound and started the car up only to hear a very disagreeable clickity-clack from the engine compartment...... After checking the rocker arms to see that they were not the cause, we pushed the car on the trailer and got home early Sunday. Today the mechanic revealed the idle control arm and cylinder problems....

The upshot is that now I most assuredly will either be at the Chin event at Homestead or the PCA event at Sebring at the end of July sorting the car out from the engine work....

Be safe and avoid the dreaded clickity-clack....
Old 06-25-2008, 02:07 AM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Christian20
Any other card carrying members attending? Usual stuff on Saturday PM.
Hi Christian,

I'd be there double time, but now on a break in Colorado, the San Juan Mountains. Hoping to make it back in time for the Gold Coast Region Sebring DE July 26-27.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PedroNole

Unfortunately (for me....), I will be MIA from the festivities. Three weekends in one month will surely push Mrs. Track Junky further over the edge. She's barely gotten over this last weekend causing her to delay the start of her summer vaca by two days.

Further, my engine is now on a stand at the mechanic having the idle control arm (item that never fails....right) replaced along with work done on two cylinders that didn't agree with the breakage of the idle arm.

I finished my first race on Sunday (1st, I shamelessly add), brought the car immediately to impound from the track and shut it off. I got released from impound and started the car up only to hear a very disagreeable clickity-clack from the engine compartment...... After checking the rocker arms to see that they were not the cause, we pushed the car on the trailer and got home early Sunday. Today the mechanic revealed the idle control arm and cylinder problems....

The upshot is that now I most assuredly will either be at the Chin event at Homestead or the PCA event at Sebring at the end of July sorting the car out from the engine work....

Peter,

Still time to sign up for the PCA VIR event in August. So far, we've got a caravan of three going up from SE. Florida. Join us.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:03 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan in Florida
Peter,

Still time to sign up for the PCA VIR event in August. So far, we've got a caravan of three going up from SE. Florida. Join us.
Dan-

We're going to be up there in November for the 13 Hour. I would love to do August but I haven't ruled out returning to the 24 Hour at Nelson Ledges. VIR wold definitely be cheaper
Old 06-25-2008, 01:40 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dan in Florida
Peter,

Understand completely. 2008 is out for me but if your crew is doing it again in 09 let me know. Enjoy CO my family had a lovely trip last year at B-gulch
Old 06-25-2008, 01:42 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Peter congrats on the win and sorry to hear about the pesky mechanical gremlins. RCC still rockin and rolling coming to a track near you. If you can make Sept Sebring that will be the OTT even for my standards.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:15 PM
jsabatini
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Wish I could make it this weekend, especially since Suncoast is kind enough to have a DE on my birthday, but will be unpacking boxes in the new house and chillin out in my new Man Cave with Coop and my 42" plasma.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:31 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole

Congrats on the race, we will miss ya, see you back soon
Old 06-25-2008, 02:54 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jsabatini
Wish I could make it this weekend, especially since Suncoast is kind enough to have a DE on my birthday, but will be unpacking boxes in the new house and chillin out in my new Man Cave with Coop and my 42" plasma.
J:
Enjoy, sounds like a wonderful time. No man cave for me but we have a girlie loft
Old 06-25-2008, 03:11 PM
sknandigam
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll be there on Saturday in a black Z4M Roadster, giving you guys point-bys all day long.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:25 PM
DanS911
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not much chance for me this round. Minor set back on the motor rebuild. Oned of the heads needs new valve seats. so off the the head shop tomorrow it goes.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 PM
Brinkley
Pro

checking in....Just installed the DeMan slotted rotors and will be there for both days.

Quick Reply: Roll Call June 28 & 29 Sebring