Sponsored by:

The Campaign for Real Racing Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts
Default The Campaign for Real Racing Drivers

Some of you have probably noticed that Top Gear has established this campaign to promote "real racing drivers". They have an article in every magazine about real racecar drivers. It is very interesting stuff to read and tends to bring something new to table every time, even though you thought you already knew everything about a particular driver featured in the article.

I believe they also have some archived articles on their website (http://www.topgear.com/) so log on if you want to see more.

Since I'm sporting Keke's photo in my avatar and am a big fan, I thought I'd post the article he was featured in. I never knew his record of 160mph average speed troughout an F1 course he set in 1985 took almost 20 years before it was broken in 2002...

Last edited by Juha G; 05-28-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:23 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great read! they actually interviewed Keke at Monaco last weekend...
Old 05-30-2008, 12:29 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That's very cool. Not only that it's Keke but their whole "promotion".

That Keke's record was broked by Montoya BTW and other Keke cool thing from history, he was the first to go through Eau Rouge full throttle in an F1 car.

Originally Posted by dmoffitt
great read! they actually interviewed Keke at Monaco last weekend...
it's always great to hear or read his interviews, he's a smart guy, knows a lot about F1 and has no agenda so he can and will say anything that he thinks.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:51 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 282 Posts

I spent about 30 minutes chatting with Keke before and during the Montreal GP two years ago. He's very outspoken and does not hold anything back. I asked how he thought Nico would do that day and he immediately jumped on Trulli who had qualified in front of Nico and has a tendency to block faster traffic, saying Nico's chances depended on how fast he could get by Trulli. He was clearly not a fan of Trulli and and enjoyed my piling on when I made a 'Trulli the Train' reference.

Reallu a nice guy. There was a head-to-head style F355 Challenge video game in the VIP seating area we were at and I wanted to challenge him to a race but chickened out. That would have been cool to 'race' a former WC but figured that was overstepping my welcome.

Quick Reply: The Campaign for Real Racing Drivers