Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

see you all there
Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Juan - GREAT to see you signed up....NOT so great to see you signed up in MY Class. Also good to see you out of R3 too. I'll be fun to share the track with you once again. It's been a long time.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:23 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Hey Rich,

I just cancelled being an instructor, Sander and me will run Solo, we figure lets first check it out, less risk of having student car with a 3 point and more relaxed to learn the track for ourselves first!!

I am so exited when I get to go to a new track; Goodie!!

Who knows, maybe I will even have decent car by then...
Maybe put a deposit down on a Nissan GTR tomorrow, if the contract read right, but not for tracking, just for resale or Sander.. I need stick shift....

What are the laptimes at Daytona, for say a pretty fast, stock GT3 driver?
I know at Homestead I am about 5-7 sec slower than (1.45) that and at Sebring about 10-12 secs (2.34) Just to get an idea...
Old 04-21-2008, 10:38 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Hey Rich,

I just cancelled being an instructor, Sander and me will run Solo, we figure lets first check it out, less risk of having student car with a 3 point and more relaxed to learn the track for ourselves first!!

I am so exited when I get to go to a new track; Goodie!!

Who knows, maybe I will even have decent car by then...
Maybe put a deposit down on a Nissan GTR tomorrow, if the contract read right, but not for tracking, just for resale or Sander.. I need stick shift....

What are the laptimes at Daytona, for say a pretty fast, stock GT3 driver?
I know at Homestead I am about 5-7 sec slower than (1.45) that and at Sebring about 10-12 secs (2.34) Just to get an idea...
Peter - good question about times at Daytona. So many factors come into play at that track. For instance, event the slightest aero improvements can make a huge difference. Personally, I have only mustered a best time of 2:11 there but I was in the wrong gear for the Intl Horseshoe turn as well as the Bus Stop. My goal is to be below 2:10 for that weekend. A good GT3 driver with good tires and a decent setup should be down in the 2:03 - 2:05 range (IMHO).
Old 04-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BluemaxxRacing
Juan - GREAT to see you signed up....NOT so great to see you signed up in MY Class. Also good to see you out of R3 too. I'll be fun to share the track with you once again. It's been a long time.
Ouch, I must race against you......

Its a tall order for my lowly 2 liter with no aero and skinny tires. My best there was a 2:09 last year and I don't think I had anything left on it at all...

It should be fun to see where the difference lie. I gather you'll be way faster on the banking and I perhaps on the infield.

The following weekend is the HSR event !
Old 04-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Must find extra cash and switch from instructing to R4, now that there is quite a diversity of cars running in that class I'm also on skinny tires
Old 04-22-2008, 09:25 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

I hear ya Lemming. At least I'm not R3 anymore.......
Old 04-22-2008, 01:39 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

I think both Tim and Juan need to be in a different class than me so I have a shot at winning! In fact, I think everyone in R4 should bump to another class so I can assure myself a win

Juan - a 2:09 in your car is truly fantastic! I'm not sure if I will be able to get down to those times but I will surely try.

Tim - yes, please start saving those pennies. R4 class looks to be a fun class for that event but I can tell you that there is already people sined up in R4 that will surely get bumped because their cars should be in R3 or R5. Either way, you will absolutely LOVE Daytona and I would love to show my 2 year old son that I raced with Lightning McQueen.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Either way, you will absolutely LOVE Daytona and I would love to show my 2 year old son that I raced with Lightning McQueen.
I'll be there, just not sure if I'll be instructing or racing.

I'm currently working on a set of 17's so that I can get some fatter tires under the car and extend top speed from 155 to 167
Old 04-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Juan - a 2:09 in your car is truly fantastic! I'm not sure if I will be able to get down to those times but I will surely try.
There's a trick to it.... don't over brake! In my car its all about momentum.

I'm bringing my little ones also. THey'll love to see lighting McQueen there

Quick Reply: PBOC Florida DAYTONA registration open!