Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennlister At CMP Help Me Locate???

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:33 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rennlister At CMP Help Me Locate???

Who was my fellow Rennlister who came up and spoke to me after my "bump and run" at CMP today. I owe you a big "I'm sorry"! I didn't mean to walk off on you. I thought after my wreck that I had to go and tell the race director pronto (luckily, I don't have a lot of experience of wreck formality).Anyway, when I got back, you were gone and I didn't get to formally meet you.
My wife gave me a real 3rd degree for leaving...so sorry!!
Anywho...which one of you guys was it?
I really feel like a jerk for walking off. I guess I was zoned out.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:05 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Pat. It was me. Randy aka Paradisenb. Not to worry. I took no offense. I know were distracted and justifiable disappointed. You were way out ahead, cruising to any an easy podium.

I'll catch up with at another event. Love your car.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:22 AM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Hi Randy! So were you running this weekend? I didn't see your car out there. I was very lucky! I only lost 1 cooling duct and a valve stem. Everything esle was OK. I don't advise bumping in the kink and hitting the "beach" at 120 mph. Even at that, if the tire woulnd't have gone flat...who knows maybe I could have kept my position?
Nothing but scratches on the other car either. I understand it was his rookie race. Probably scared the s**t out of him...too
Anyway, I'll be back to CMP in May. If you decide to come down, please let me know. I owe you lunch!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:08 PM
jenk12m
Banned

which group is doing CMP in may
Old 04-07-2008, 04:23 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

NASA-MA.
Better hurry and register. I think they fill quickly. The new course is a great improvement, BTW.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:15 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Pat, I did the DE. My car and I are still on our honeymoon. I'm still learning how to drive it so, no racing for my yet.

I like the changes to the track. I'm with you on the grip. I never leaned to trush T5 repave and 14 is slippery (wet or dry). They said they moved the apex back 16 feet but I thought the track was pretty narrow at track out.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:44 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Randy
I agree. I see no difference in taking turn 14.
Did you feel the bump at the end of the carosel onto the back straight?
Are you going to the NAS-MA event in May?
I've almost got my car back together. Got the wheel fixed today and will try and replace the brake duct tonight (fixed one last night).
I need to re-replace my gear oil. I just changed to Mobile 75/90, but as predicted the syncros aren't working as good. Going back to Red Line.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:54 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

BTW, Randy:
My wife blistered my butt for walking off while you were there. I finally said "damn honey, I just went off-track at 120 mph and lost a race...don't I get any sympathy??". I think the response was "not much".
Old 04-07-2008, 06:31 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Ha. Ha. Ha. That is funny. Good woman you have there. I'll tell her that next time I see her.

I was not offened in the least. I was a bit surprized at how calm you were considering an impact in the kink at 120 mpg, (I doubt he was going over 90 mpg.) a wild ride through wet grass and sand and the worst of all.....it cost you a garanteed podium. You were way out ahead.

You should be right at home with the bump and rub driver's in Mid-Atlantic region.

I'm planning a VIR trip in May.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:04 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not laughing at the circumstance but it was pretty funny how the line out of the last turn extended into pit lane and on the trailer at speed, looked like you were still at race speed heading onto the trailer.

It was an exciting race to watch, wish it were a tad longer and no unlucky mishaps. But it IS racing.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:25 AM
pat056
Rennlist Member

wanna911
You were there? Did we talk? I'm trying to put a name/face w/an avitar.
Yes, I just wanted to get her home. I was afraid the damage was gonna be BAD. All it cost me was $7.45 for an air duct hose from Advance. The new valve stem was replace for free and I had a spare 245/45/17 that was mounted for free. I found a new tire shop that gets excited about mounting race tires. They charge a wopping $10/tire mount and balance!! This one was pro grata. I'm glad I had only put new Kumho's on the rear. I'm afraid to drive the front after making the 1/2 mile trip from turn 12 to the trailer on a flat.
My wife told me some people watching the race were saying "hey! he can't go through the sand to pick up track position! Like that was my plan or something. You know, bounce off competitors and take short cuts trhough the beach at 120 mph. True racing experts...
Randy.
Yes, NASA-MA is rather competitive, to say the least. I've never raced SCCA, but can't imagine them being much more shall we say "daring". Personally, I'm not wild about that. I think racers can be just as competitive and keep their car (and brain) on the track. Fred in the green 914 and I have had some of the mose exciting races I've ever been in and we've never touched each other. I guess that says a lot about knowing your competitor.
Anyway, if you don't race, I hope to see you there. If your not doing anything, I can always use a radio man!!
Old 04-08-2008, 04:02 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pat, I dont think we had a chance to talk as I was not aware you were a rennlister. I was driving the #22 Silver 996 TT in Time Trials. I spent the majority of the weekend trying to learn from Forrest how to drive the track when I wasnt actually out there.

Glad to hear the damage was minimal, I wish you a speedy recovery to get back on track. I know it had to suck to lose the lead of the race like that. I didnt notice you had a flat, thought you would just pull in to pits, yank that brake duct and go back out till you went up on the trailer.

I'm sure we'll meet at some events in the future, I gotta get my car in my avatar for identification purposes.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:14 PM
pat056
Rennlist Member

Wanna911
Wait! I think we met at Road Atlanta last year! Weren't you there with the silver 911 TT? NASA-SE Summer event. I think you were turning mid 1:30's. I was parked right in front of you, if I remember right.

Quick Reply: Rennlister At CMP Help Me Locate???