Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good time at Limerock today, thanks CVR!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

felt a lot worse than it looked

thanks for the vid Paolo
Old 04-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gary R.
There was a GT3, a Ford GT, an Ariel Atom, a few SRF's, a Radical (I REALLY would have liked to drive that.. about 18" high, paddle shifter, center cockpit.), a couple rented Spec Miata's, and I think a Cateram or something similar. There was a Pantera there also but I never saw it run.
It was a DSR not a Radical and it was sweet.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Here you go Sean...... check around 1:04, doesn't seem bad at all.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bA7bOJE4oc
BTW, a good lesson for me and maybe others. I missed the shift completely out of stupidity. I was screaming down the front straight and a car came on to the hot track without seeing me. He should have let me go by but he came out and I had to really throw out the anchor. He was going really slow so I went down to 2nd in the middle of big bend. I was in second as I passed him in the left hander. I hit redline right before turn in for T4 and tried to do a quick upshift as I was turning in. Big mistake. I should have backed off the throttle and done the shift at track out. I was caught off guard in a gear I've never been in on that part of the track. Should have played it safe and taken my time.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:26 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1957 356
I learned a valuable lesson at this event....the normal shift pattern is 1st, 2nd, 3rd - not 1st, 2nd, 1st (especially with an instructor in the car evaluating you as an instructor candidate )

roll the video Paolo...
OH MAN that is rough Hope it gets fixed for you asap!

Originally Posted by RonCT
I had a fun day, but my results were less than I hoped for. I wanted to be in the slower group and thought that's where I'd be because I'm in a new car (997S to 964) and running the street PS2s that came with it. Somebody we all know grabbed the last slot in B so there was no room for me to move there from A! First session was fine - I was one of the few out there because I had PS2s and genuinely enjoy driving in the wet. Couldn't really get a good feel for the car - it was more of a car control clinic due to the wet / cold. But as the track dried out and warmed up and everyone's Hoosiers got sticky, I was stagnant trying to figure out the pressures for these tires in this car. I ended up bleeding off something like 16 PSI during the 4 sessions. I'd start to "get" the new car, find a groove, but then the tires got greasy because they got hot and therefore overinflated. Boy, these 964 pedals are NOT lined up nicely for heel-toe. I've got a sore right foot from contorting it to stab at the pedal.

No regrets on running the PS2s - it's the first day of the year, was wet and cold for half the sessions. The cups will go on soon.

The track is rougher than I remember it last year - could be the car, the track, or a combination of both. Repaving is going to be nice.

Anyway - I agree the format worked well with more track time than usual. I was one of the dozen or so that didn't get the memo saying Tech started at 8:15, so I was there about 90 minutes too early. The guy from The Club learned a valuable lesson - he let his buddy try his 997 GT3 on the track and quickly stuffed it into the wall. The car at least started and limped back - but the rear end and rear sides were smashed up pretty good - probably a $10k day. I have a funny feeling that of the 20 "guests" that were there to see if they wanted to become members - more than a few went away thinking "hmm, not sure I want to end up stuffing my car into the wall..."
Not a smart move letting your friend drive your car, even with trust and a friend having tons of skill, anything can happen out there and well, might be very costly for your friendship and so on!

Your car was definitely very stiff seeing your mod list in the other thread, making the rough surface at Limerock much more pronounced. BUT I did notice over the past 2 years a degrading surface, a repaving as you said should be NICE. Any definite date on when it will be repaved?

Wish I could have been at this event, it was just too late for me to sign up
Old 04-06-2008, 06:33 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Well Sean, for what it is worth, your car sounds awesome......hopefully no major damage was done
Old 04-06-2008, 06:50 PM
JimmiLew
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see you all had fun yesterday!

Sean, sorry to hear fo your troubles. Do you have a Wevo shifter? If not, you should get one!

JL
Old 04-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Well Sean, for what it is worth, your car sounds awesome......hopefully no major damage was done
Yeah, his car is loud!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:00 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Yeah, his car is loud!
I got yours on video too......and it isn't much quiter......
Old 04-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I got yours on video too......and it isn't much quiter......
Let's see it!
Old 04-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Qwickrick
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Money Shift

I learned a valuable lesson at this event....the normal shift pattern is 1st, 2nd, 3rd - not 1st, 2nd, 1st (especially with an instructor in the car evaluating you as an instructor candidate )
Sean,
It's called a "money shift" and most of us have done one of these at some time. You might have blown a intake manifold gasket and lost engine vacuum which would cause car to run poorly. Oil leak could be related to the overrev.
Hope it's a "little money shift"
Rick
Old 04-06-2008, 09:16 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Let's see it!
Here you go.....

Dan most have hidden a turbo in that loud car of yours.........

Also a little clip of "the shark" at the end in honor of V.V..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k8W47eAb98
Old 04-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Hunted down by the shark!!!

Just realized in the beginning of that vid I shifted to 2nd AND braked coming out of Big Bend to avoid ramming the 944, good thing I didn't do a Sean shift too!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Just got the word back from Dan, no damage
Old 04-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I just left there, Scott told me you have 0% leak down accross the board and all is well!
Old 04-07-2008, 03:18 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

excellent!!

Quick Reply: Good time at Limerock today, thanks CVR!