Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooking up RPM to Innovate LCA-3 with CIS ignition for 930 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008 | 06:02 PM
fredseebeck
Intermediate

Default Hooking up RPM to Innovate LCA-3 with CIS ignition for 930 turbo

I just received an Innovate LMA-3 and LC-1 package and wanted to know how to wire the RPM channel using the CIS ignition wiring.
I did not purchase the inductive clamp because I thought this unnecessary, tell me if I am wrong.
Was hoping someone here had done this and could explain which wire to use. The tach must receive a signal from somewhere, but I would like to tap into the wiring coming from the engine compartment if possible.
Need to know if the tach signal from the CIS system is compatible with the LMA-3 as well.
Thanks for any info.
Fred
Old 04-03-2008 | 11:38 AM
JoeMag
Rennlist Member

Fred -- I'd recommend posting this to 930 forum. ..the guys over there will definately know the answer.
Old 04-03-2008 | 01:50 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

I can't comment explicitly on the Innovate system, but I believe your CIS ignition setup is not dissimilar to mine - I pull a tach signal right off of the coil for my AIM Mychron system, as it's capable of that type of pickup. I'm running a Permatune CD system now, so the pickup is on the "+" side of the coil (with the Permatune, the "-" side is now permanently grounded). HTH...

Quick Reply: Hooking up RPM to Innovate LCA-3 with CIS ignition for 930 turbo