Sponsored by:

Road Atlanta roll call/ smack talk time

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Jupe elected to go out on his rain tires...And then got a flat. Bummer.

Chris Musante went out on his slicks, and is reported to have won the race...

Weather for the race was actually dry, but the track was wet off line. Current conditions for the big boys race--rain.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I qaulified 12th for the sprint with a 1:33.6, which was two seconds faster than my previous session. I'm running pirreli slicks with 9 heat cycles this weekend plus however many were on them before I got them. I didn't do the sprint because of the rain. We'll see what the weather is in the morning...
Old 03-29-2008, 09:26 PM
jester911
Drifting

Originally Posted by Food Angel
Jupe elected to go out on his rain tires...And then got a flat. Bummer.

Chris Musante went out on his slicks, and is reported to have won the race...

Weather for the race was actually dry, but the track was wet off line. Current conditions for the big boys race--rain.
I saw Jupe and his flat. I was working the up/down ramp and saw him come in early.
I also watched Chris Musante take the lead making a really daring pass on the inside of T12 in the wet.
The really heavy rain actually started as the checkered came out for the "big boys" but it rained pretty good during it as well.

Good stuff.

Also Larry Herman took 3rd overall and 1st in class in his race.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:33 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

i rained hard until after 12a. I'm sure the track is wet this morning. Forecast is for rain in the AM, cloudy in the afternoon.

Morning is just practice. Hopefully the track will be dry for the enduros.

Bummer for Jupe. There was some carnage in the first sprint. He probably picked up debris from the bumper that ended up in the middle of the track on the back straight.

BT said he just missed it. Visibility was horrible in the first sprint.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:13 AM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Guys, Thanks for comments on my car, I really like it. It will be fast when I figure out how to really use those brakes.

I skipped the sprint because of the rain. Too many puddles to run without wets, and my mechanic, who built the car, hid the keys from me.

As far as Larry, I qualified two spots ahead of him and will start there for the enduro this afternoon. He got a head of me in the practice race, and Carl T and I were stuck behind another car as he Larry drove off.

I like that it will be cool today, it will be much better on my tires.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:51 AM
jester911
Drifting

Originally Posted by MarkM
Guys, Thanks for comments on my car, I really like it. It will be fast when I figure out how to really use those brakes.

I skipped the sprint because of the rain. Too many puddles to run without wets, and my mechanic, who built the car, hid the keys from me.

As far as Larry, I qualified two spots ahead of him and will start there for the enduro this afternoon. He got a head of me in the practice race, and Carl T and I were stuck behind another car as he Larry drove off.

I like that it will be cool today, it will be much better on my tires.

Mark,
Your car looks great. I tried to stop by a couple times to see you but you were under the dash and looked pretty busy.

Good luck this afternoon.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The morning started pretty wet...just a drizzle but it was cold - I think about 44 degrees when the first Enduro started. The track was quite wet at the start but dried up pretty nicely over the 90 minutes. It turned out to be a fun race...here's a couple of details.
  • Jack Baldwin took first overall in his SP3 car and also finished 4th overall/3rd in E co-driving with BT.
  • Mark Hupfer came in second overall and first in E...Slaweck Ruszel came in second in E.
  • I came in 2nd in F behind Brownyard/Friedman. I ran on rain tires and they really went away in the latter part of the race. I'd have finished better "if I only had a brain"...we had a car go into the wall at the base of the Esses...I should have jumped in for my pit stop then because we went full course yellow right away.

It was a fun race but quite a bit of carnage...I think we lost at least 5-6 cars in the first lap...and a bunch more later through the race.

Now...onto Mid-Ohio.

Rick
Old 03-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Tim Pruitt
Addict
Rennlist Member

First Enduro Continued.....

When Brian (84-944....aka The Quiet Man) came back on track after his 5 minute start he was just behind me. He used a slower 911 as a pick in 10A and got by me. We had a good race going and I had a mechanical issue that stopped my race.

The Quiet Man finished first in class and I think 9th overall in his 944 (SP2).

Congrats Brian!

Nice time at Paddy's thanks Mike, Jeff, Doug, Larry and Randy.

See you guys again soon.

Rainman
Old 03-30-2008, 03:46 PM
84-944
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tim Pruitt
First Enduro Continued.....

When Brian (84-944....aka The Quiet Man) came back on track after his 5 minute start he was just behind me. He used a slower 911 as a pick in 10A and got by me. We had a good race going and I had a mechanical issue that stopped my race.

The Quiet Man finished first in class and I think 9th overall in his 944 (SP2).

Congrats Brian!

Nice time at Paddy's thanks Mike, Jeff, Doug, Larry and Randy.

See you guys again soon.

Rainman
Rainman,

We both had a good run going today, I can't tell you how sorry I was when you were no longer in my rear view mirrordue to mechanical failure! I never get tired of that view!

Obviously this wet weekend is not an acurate barometer to measure our driving skills, I AM glad though, that I get a few months to get my ride as right as it can be for you next time 'cause you were smokin me by a second on time sheets!!

Congrats on the record time for our class and thanks for the steaks and warm guest bed last night....this ain't over!!!

QUIETMAN!! WAAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:25 PM
late apex
Instructor

At least he did not put "Police Tape" all over your rig and draw outlines of dead people like he has done to other neighbors while they were out....
Old 03-30-2008, 05:37 PM
mji911
Instructor

Mike M.
Car looks great. Hope you as much fun in your new class as we had last year in "G".Class Good Luck with the car and much sucess.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:35 AM
MarkM
Burning Brakes

Delivered the beer to Larry last night, and my wife fixed a big pot of crow for dinner.

We did tie for fastest lap, so there is hope for me yet.

Had a great time. The H & I classes are going to be awesome over the next couple of years.

See you guys out there!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 PM
84-944
Instructor

Originally Posted by MarkM
Delivered the beer to Larry last night, and my wife fixed a big pot of crow for dinner.

We did tie for fastest lap, so there is hope for me yet.

Had a great time. The H & I classes are going to be awesome over the next couple of years.

See you guys out there!
Didn't take you long to change the avatar!! I would've done it too. Beautiful car Mark & great seeing you this weekend, I will though, miss having you in our group. Now I'll have less exciting race videos!!!

B.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Brian,*Hey, it was great to meet you after our enduro Sunday morning.* Thanks for flagging me down.* The weekend was a blast, despite the weather.* Congrats on your sprint and enduro finishes, well done. Next time, I want to see you on the track at Sebring!** Dan
Old 03-31-2008, 01:24 PM
84-944
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dan in Florida
Brian,*Hey, it was great to meet you after our enduro Sunday morning.* Thanks for flagging me down.* The weekend was a blast, despite the weather.* Congrats on your sprint and enduro finishes, well done. Next time, I want to see you on the track at Sebring!** Dan
I'm looking forward to it! I would have chased you down in the paddock earlier but there was a lot of tire switching going with the weather. I watched my video last night and you drove very well on a slippery track. I particularly remember you on track because we have the same #....great minds think alike!

Next time,

Brian.

Quick Reply: Road Atlanta roll call/ smack talk time