Sponsored by:

Data Logging at Road America

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 PM
speedread
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Data Logging at Road America

I'm looking for data acquisition screen shots logged at Road America.
In my attempt to learn how to read and use my new AIM system, I thought if I were able to study the data from a track I know, it might help me ge a head start on interpreting data I collect there.
If someone has the ability to post the shots, maybe with a track map of the area being logged, (or similar in words); along with your interpretation of the graphs, that would be great. I'll say thanks ahead of time!!!!
I've read "Data Logging" by Simon McBeath, so I'm sort of up to speed. I have not used my AIM yet as it is snowing here.
My car will log: front brake pressure; throttle position; left rear wheel speed; lateral G; lap data; animated track map.
Spring fever made me post this for the same reason I'm practicing left foot braking with my winter car (automatic shift).
Old 03-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll see if I can track some down for you. I know some people who will have some of the same channels you have. It may be a week though since I don't make it to their shop too often.

Which dash, Mychron3 or MXL dash?

Just my opinion but I'd add a steering angle sensor as well if you have a spot.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

I have some RA data (same sensors plus steering wheel) in a Mychron3 plus gold. pm me your e mail and I can send you the file. Keep in mind this is in a slow 944S2
Old 03-04-2008, 11:47 PM
speedread
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
I'll see if I can track some down for you. I know some people who will have some of the same channels you have. It may be a week though since I don't make it to their shop too often.

Which dash, Mychron3 or MXL dash?

Just my opinion but I'd add a steering angle sensor as well if you have a spot.
Thanks.
MXL Pista. My 996 car is a compromise. The 997S replacement engine uses various computers to control different areas of the car, while the 996 used only one. This means that the AIM can't be tied into much directly, but has to be added sensor by sensor. Anyway the steering angle sensor became a very complicated,(read expensive), addition. Especially after adding the parts that no longer worked on my dash, such as oil temp and pressure; water temp. Maybe next year.

Quick Reply: Data Logging at Road America