Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ice racing TOMMORROW 2/24 in NH

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008 | 12:49 PM
MTosi
User

Default Ice racing TOMMORROW 2/24 in NH

If you want to learn some great car control for DE track etc. This is a great way how, a course is set up on the ice (plowed after all this snow), then it is basically a time trial. You get 6 or 8 runs (I think) plus there is a practice course (usually) that you can run as many times as you like. The event is hosted by BMW club, but anyone is welcome although you must preregister today. You can run any car with any type of tires. There are classes for super studs, studs, super snows, snows, and all seasons. One thing is, MAKE SURE YOU CAN TURN ANY TC OR STABILITY CONTROL OFF. It's quite amusing to watch a car with tsc, dsc, asc or whatever on Ice. It will just freeze and you cant move, the computer can't figure out what to do. Anyway its held on newfound lake, NH. Again I would HIGHLY recommend this to people who want to learn, or work on thier car control, its a very safe environment (nothing much to hit on lake). It's also very fun for anyone who likes to be sidways with full opposite lock. Anyway just an fyi, for everyone here. The organizers never are able to commit until the last minute since the condition of the ice change but it looks like this is good to go for this weekend.

Heres the link for pre registration:
http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...px?EventID=367

More info:

http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/...Bulletins.aspx
Old 02-23-2008 | 04:25 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

When I was growing up in NH we used to take our motocross bikes (Husqavarna 125) and put sheet metal screws in the ***** and take them on the ice. What a hoot but I got alot of black and blues doing it!
Old 02-23-2008 | 04:27 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

The event is cancelled.....unfortunately......
Old 02-23-2008 | 09:26 PM
MTosi
User

The event is cancelled.....unfortunately......
realy hope its on for next weekend, because I just spent the afternoon putting in a limited slip
Old 03-01-2008 | 07:28 PM
MTosi
User

Ice Racing is on tommorow at New Found lake
Old 03-01-2008 | 11:10 PM
PPo
Drifting

We get over 150 cars for 5-6 weekends straight for Ice Racing. I would be happy to arrange a ride, during a race, for any visitors.

http://www.casc.on.ca/iceRacing.php

Cheers,
Patrick

Quick Reply: Ice racing TOMMORROW 2/24 in NH